Chapter 5: Pain held within the hidden stars

Warning: This chapter contains scenes of sexual and physical acts of violence and contains vulgar language not suited for younger audiences. Reader's discretion is advised

Recap: Wally has passed out in the snow due to the drugs he's doing and Cole didn't feel a hint of remorse when they spilled ammonia on their sister's face (what a jerk)

The sun that shone brightly before has become a mere speck of light behind the large gray clouds that threatened snow. Wally sat back up blinking the tears that plagued his eyes away. He grabbed the wood that fell beside him and his tools, scattered along the snow and moss. He stood up ready to retire back to his house but turned around to grab the picnic blanket that lay where he slept.

"God I'm soaked!" he exclaimed to himself in an attempt at a self-deprecating joke. Wally tried to swipe the slurry of snow and moss off him but it was pointless. The moss and water had once again frozen but this time on him. Wally hastily shoved all the supplies he brought and ran home wanting to lower the chance of getting sick from the prolonged time resting in the snow. When Wally got inside he tossed the duffle bag beside the fridge and started to run the bath. Wally tossed his icy clothes to the side and sat in the bath, he sighed as he felt his body start to warm up. As Wally lay he heard the sound of buzzing. He sat up a bit and saw that his phone was ringing. Wally quickly ran out of the bathroom, ensuring he didn't slip on the now-soaked clothes littered on the ground, and snatched his phone before getting back into the warm tub. Wally answered the phone and suddenly got bombarded with worried lectures from Cole.

"Where were you, are you alright?!" Cole yelled. Wally tried his best to answer the onslaught of questions that Cole was dishing out.

"I'm ok, I'm ok, I just fell asleep and I'm at home," Wally said, setting his phone down on the toilet lid as he laid his head on the side of the tub." well I saw your messages and I don't think I could have responded if I was asleep dude," Wally said adding some bubble solution into the tub.

"Oh, you've got a point there," Cole said. Cole got their shoes on and started walking out of their house. "Would you mind if I came over to your house?" Cole said.

"Um not now I'm in the middle of something right now, but how do you know where I live, i never told you that," Wally said, slightly concerned.

" You didn't tell me that's why I was hoping you would now," Cole asked, a bit embarrassed. They went back into their house and went into their room in the basement.

" Well I live at Random Lot on Random Road(I don't want to put a real address so yeah) if you want to visit sometimes," said Wally. Cole said that would be great and the two talked about random things that came up in the conversation. Cole's phone started ringing so they explained to Wally what was going on and hung up.

"Hello Joseph," Cole said, a bit agitated about getting their conversation cut short.

"Hello Mr. Freeman, You know today is Monday, right? So far you have missed 2 hours. You know better than anyone that missing 2 hours is robbing us right?" Joseph said with a snarky attitude. Cole abruptly hung up the phone, got properly dressed, then angrily walked to work.

(Sadly I don't really know the work schedule/ activities that people who work at a child protective services agency have so you guys won't get to see what Cole does at work. But pretend that they are mean to their colleagues and basically despise their job)

Meanwhile, Wally finally got out of the bath and put on some old sweatpants Wally dug into his duffle bag, pulled everything out, and put them away before putting on his worn-out hoodie. He grabbed his woodworking supplies and the log he was working on and started back up over a bucket to collect the wood scraps. He had a melancholy look to him. He started etching the letter M under the forest and coated it in oil so it wouldn't look cloudy. Wally started putting it in a small box with an address sticker stuck onto the corner.