Chapter 7: The Night's Pale Shadow

Recap: Wally gets admitted to the hospital, Cole tries to call him and goes to the hospital to see him

Warning: sexual violence will be mentioned in this chapter, you have been warned

As the first rays of the sun touch the horizon, the sky takes on a faint orange hue, painting the town with a soft glow. The crisp, cold air begins to warm up, bringing a sense of comfort and relief to those who have endured the long, harsh winter. Slowly but surely, the snow melts away, revealing the lush green moss and the budding trees underneath. The once-frozen water starts to flow once again, creating a soothing melody that fills the air. With each passing moment, the transformation of the landscape becomes more apparent, as the snow gives way to the vibrant colors of spring. The arrival of this season is a true marvel of nature, a testament to the beauty and resilience of life itself.

Cole's true colors begin to emerge as they become more manipulative. They start to use their charm and wit to get what they want, regardless of who they might hurt. On the other hand, Wally has been struggling with a range of negative emotions since their most recent encounter with Cole. The seeds of fear, anguish, and self-doubt have been planted deep inside him, making it hard for him to trust his own instincts and decisions. He feels lost and vulnerable, unsure of what to do next.

After a few days, Wally seemed in good enough health to go back home. The lady at the front desk handed him back his clothing. They smelt like old bleach.
" oh, some officers came over earlier and said come to the station," the lady said typing away on her computer. He thanked the overworked lady before leaving the building.

He went his way to the station where he was guided to a cold gray room where he was told to wait. His mind started drifting off. Why, why out of everyone in this god-forsaken town did he have to survive that guy? He did nothing to deserve this, why must god be so cruel? He'd rather just kill himself than have to live with this.

Usually, when Wally had thoughts like this he would try to distract himself with other things like reading, nature, or just plain old work. But the love Wally had for nature was forever ruined by that horrid man. And to make matters worse Wally lives in the forest. He could never enjoy the beauties of nature that he had grown to love.

The door opened with a squeak snapping Wally out of his trance. A man walked into the room and sat down in front of Wally.

"Hello my name is Richard, I was one of the officers who found you, how are you feeling today?" He said warming the room with a nice smile.

"Pretty crappy but kinda good
nonetheless, how about you?"

"It's been rather so-so. Can you give me your name and profession" Richard said, pulling out a notepad and a pen.

" Wally- I mean Walter, Walter Hobson I'm a freelance woodworker"

"So a carpenter basically"
Richard said scribbling on the notepad. Wally flusteredly nodded in approval.

"Now that the formalities are out of the way, can you tell me what happened last night?" Richard said, trying to speed up this whole process.

Wally really didn't want to go into too much detail, but this guy had already seen him buck naked so there wasn't much that could make this whole situation worse, right?

" well- um, so I was dropping off some mail when I decided to sit on the bench. I sat there for a little while before a man in a green hoodie sat beside me - he wasn't very suspicious so I didn't do anything - he pulled a knife and told me to go the forest- I thought he was going to stab me so I listened, h-he told me to take off my clothes - I didn't want to get hurt s-so I did. I thought he just wanted to steal my clothes but he wanted me to take EVERYTHING off - I couldn't let go that far ya know, so I told him no. H-He got upset and started beating me." Wally was trying his best not to get emotional but the tears were already spilling. Richard pushed some tissue towards him. " he tore the rest of my clothes off and I couldn't even stop him, then he-he" Wally took a deep breath to steady himself before finishing " he raped me. He did it for a while before he started choking me and calling me slurs and curses, I don't remember anything passed that"