Chapter 14

Aurelia

I hug my girlfriend from this universe. I look up and see Cain and Jia looking at me and Bree. Jia clears her throat and says, "Um...can you take care of that?"   

Confused, the other universe Bree asks, "What do you mean, that?" She releases me and stands up.

"Bree, why don't you go to class, babe?" I smile at her, trying to keep things light.

"Okay, what about you?" she pokes me in the nose.

"I'll be there soon," I said, touching her nose. She walked away, and I felt sad because Bree ended our relationship. I know she'll discover that I lied about her new girlfriend.

"Are you okay?" Cain's voice breaks through my thoughts as he touches my shoulder with concern in his eyes.

I smile and rub his hair. I say, "Yeah, trying to get over a relationship that is no longer here." I address both him and Jia, not wanting to seem sad.

Cain suggests we find a way to go back to the real world.

"Yeah, Jia, can you think about wanting to go home and see your crush?" I nudge her shoulder, hoping to boost her motivation.

"Well, she is with your ex, so what's the point?" Jia shrugs, seeming disinterested.

Imagine she is your girlfriend. She is waiting for you to get back home. She is smiling at you. Jia lights up. It will work this time. She mumbles the words again, and the portal appears once more. We all hold hands before stepping through.

I look back and say goodbye to the old Bree before we leave. We go through the portal and end up in our high school hallway. Everything seems fine until something unusual occurs. As we're leaving school, someone taps my shoulder. I turn around and see the same two people from the other world, which surprises me.''

I saw two familiar people. They had beautiful red hair that I missed. They came towards me. I felt excited and curious."May I help you?" I inquired, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

The boy, who seemed confident and sure of himself, spoke up first. We've been searching everywhere for you. You're our long-lost sister, Aurelia Darkwood." His words hung in the air, causing my heart to skip a beat.

My mind began to race, trying to process what he had said. His hopeful gaze made it seem like a fairy tale - could I be his long-lost sister?

A mix of emotions washed over me - surprise, disbelief, and a glimmer of joy. Could it be true? Was it possible that I had siblings I never knew about? A wave of questions flooded my mind, but one thing remained certain - I needed to hear their story.

I sensed a genuine connection as I looked into their eyes. It felt like we shared an unspoken bond. The girl, with her warm smile and gentle demeanor, stepped forward. "We've been searching for you for so long. Our father always talked about you, and now that we've finally found you, we can't wait to spend time with you.

Her words moved me. I erased doubts. I felt my dream came true when I thought about having a family. She melted my doubts with her words. At that time, having biological relations that cared seemed like a fantasy.

I was about to ask them about our father. Then, I saw two people I knew running down in fear.