Chapter 16

Aurelia

I wake up with my heart pounding. I gasped in shock at the destruction around me. I am filled with regret for what I have caused. I see my siblings' father lying unconscious on the ground. I am afraid.

Without hesitation, I spring into action, rushing to wake my siblings up. We need to get out of here before he wakes up. We all open our eyes and see the wreckage. Our expressions match – shocked and disbelieving. Pandora, my protective older sister, speaks first, her voice laced with concern, "Lil sis, what did you do?"

My head throbs as I rub my temples, searching for an explanation. "I... I don't know. This is the first time something like this has happened," I stammer, trying to make sense of it all.

My older brother Spike, who is wise and cautious, looks at me. His voice sounds suspicious as he asks, "Do you have another species inside you?"

My heart sinks at his words, knowing he's referring to the dormant power within me. The power that I keep hidden, even from those closest to me. A deep voice interrupts us, and we all turn our heads.

The voice growls from behind us, asking what kind of monster my daughter is. My arms instinctively cross over my chest as I lock eyes with him, my so-called father. I refuse to acknowledge him as such, though. 

"I already have a father," I declare, my voice laced with determination. I sigh, my gaze shifting back to the unconscious man on the ground, the man who has caused us so much pain in the past.

I heard my senses warning me of danger behind the three of us. My father points to it. I turn around and am shocked I see someone unexpected. I never expected you to be working for my father. I said, "How is this possible?" with my mouth wide open.

Dear readers,

Thanks for reading my story, "The Immortal Fang." I appreciate your support and encouragement. I worked hard on this story. I'm glad you liked it. I'm honored that you let me share my ideas with you. Thanks again for your time and attention. Your support as a reader means a lot to me as I grow and learn as a writer.