Chapter 2 - Willow

The sun shone through the window, landing on Madison's face waking her up. Apart from most people she knew she was actually a morning person. Madi loved the sunrise and early birds singing. Madison walked up to the window, pushing it open. Willows neigh filling her ears. A big smile grew on her lips as she got dressed and ran out.

"Hi girl" Madi exclaimed, watching Willow as she was leaning on the fence. The golden horse looked up at her with a curious face, she already looked happier. 

"Perhaps its time for a treat" Madi said jumping off the fence running back into the house and into the kitchen, she could still hear her dad snoring so she grabbed 2 apples before running back out. She climbed over the fence slowly walking towards the horse. 

"You remember me" she said as she grabbed one of the apples rolling it again on the ground. Willow looked a little skeptical but ate it happily as she walked towards her. She stopped once she reached her as she started sniffing around her pockets.

 "Oh you know i got 2 dont you, clever girl" Madi smiled as she gave her the second one. Madison slowly raised her hand to stroke Willow's neck, And as her fingertips touched her neck the horse flinched but then softened at her touch. Madi used both her hands as she stroked her neck and head. 

"Good girl" she whispered.

___________________________________________________

When Madison came back into the house almost everyone had woken up. 

"She kinda trusts me already she let me pet her" Madi exclaimed as she sat down and began making herself breakfast with her father sitting on the of the table and her grandparents cooking something on the stove. 

"Wow already you 2 really have a connection" Her dad said with a mouth full of toast. It was first then that Madi noticed the suitcases. 

"Are you going somewhere?" Madi asked. 

"Me and your grandfather are" Grandma answered, as she began eating her breakfast too. 

"What, Where?" Madison asked. 

"Home, we can't be here forever" Her grandpa said. 

"Oh of course" Madison's face fell.

______________________________________________________

She watched from the gate as her grandparents loaded their stuff and drove off. It was way to early, they had only been here a day. They said they would come visiting, but Madison wasn't sure. And now it was just her her dad and Willow of course. 

"You wanna help me with lunch?" He dad asked as she was still watching the road her grandparents drove off on. 

"Yeah sure thing" Madi smiled as she walked back inside.

________________________________________________________

After they had eaten and cleaned the house witch took a lot longer than expected, Madi was finally out again as she walked to the paddock and Willow looked at her when she saw her coming. She had a groom in her hand that she had found in the barn. 

"How are we doing today" Madi smiled as she approached. Madi held out the groom for Willow to inspect. Then she slowly began to groom her, and it went well she didn't even flinch she was just enjoying being taken care of.

The next few weeks were pretty much the same. Tho they did a lot of process. Madi spent like all of her time with Willow, they would lie in the grass reading, go on walks, exploring, grooming, sleepovers in the barn, running around in the paddock playing and practicing putting on her bridle. Thye did everything together.