[iii.ix. girls love beyoncé]

"Say my name, say my name..."
__

"I don't know why you guys keep trying to change my mind. I'm not camping."

"C'mon, Royce. We might have fun."

"Fun?" She snorts loudly as she pulls the books out of her locker she'll need for her free. "Shopping is fun, Calum. Camping is for the people who walk around barefoot..."

He laughs.

"...AKA, people who don't shower."

"You're crazy, Royce."

It's the week before finals. 

Chris is coming home. Royce still hasn't heard from Dina. Just that day, Kennedy and Luke decided to reintroduce this whole "camping" thing to the group.

Royce still hadn't told Calum about her mom's intentions of meeting him.

And she needed to do that soon. It was Monday. Her mom expected an answer by Friday at the latest.

And Royce had finals to study for.

"Look," he shakes his head, "I think the idea's growing on me," he grins, "I'll camp if you do."

"And I told you, already," Royce closes her locker, "I can think of too many better things for us to do than camp."

"What?"

And Royce looks up at once. It's Kennedy. She groans.

"Royce, please?" She pleads. "Luke said he was with it."

"Yeah, I wonder why," Royce snorts, and despite Kennedy's scowl, her blush is unmistakeable. "Kenn. Babe. I'm not a camper."

"But, you could be."

"Or not."

But, Calum's arm is around her shoulder, now.

"Don't worry, Kenn," he nods. "I'll convince her."

"Yeah," Royce laughs. "Good luck with that."

__

It's Tuesday.

Chris is coming home. Royce still hasn't heard from Dina. Just yesterday, Kennedy and Luke reintroduced this whole "camping" thing.

Royce still hadn't told Calum about her mom's intentions of meeting him.

And she needed to do that soon.

It was already Tuesday.

And by Wednesday, Royce packs her tote for her free and realizes that she really needs to stop being a little bitch and get it over with already.

Telling Calum, at least.

Because the least he could do was say no, right?

She didn't want him to say no, though.

Fuck. See, this was the problem with liking someone. You thought about them far more than you should possibly spend liking someone in general. Like, it shouldn't be like this, feeling these feelings and staying up late thinking about them and spending extra time on appearance to keep them interested in staying. These were not the things Royce needed during finals, and she found herself totally distracted and not herself and that was just wild considering she and Calum had only just told each other about their mutual feelings over the weekend. What might happen if they started to date?