[i.vi. 'til i forget about you]

"You said it's over, it's over, it's over..."

__

Royce can't wait to go to college.

She's decided this based purely off the fact that here her brother is on fall break and he has a whole week off from school to just chill at home and do nothing.

Their mom is making all his favorite foods and everyone's showering him with affection since they've all missed him so much and their dad is home early from work to spend time with his oldest child and Royce is like, hell yeah, this is how life should be, always.

And it helps that Christian is here and everyone's focus is on him. It's nice because the attention has been shifted from her and Calum being caught with their tongues down each other's throats in the halls to ChrisChrisChrisChris.

Well.

Mostly.

"So," Tobe begins, running and belly-flopping onto Royce's bed as she attempts to do homework, "Ma says dinner's ready, so..." he moves her laptop screen back and forth.

Royce slaps his arm.

He shrieks, pulling his hand back.

Royce snickers to herself as Tobe yelps.

"Hurry up."

"Yeah, yeah," Royce replies, pushing him in his face. "Shut up, Tobes. I'm trying to finish this paragraph."

"Homework can wait," Tobe replies. "Mom made a red velvet cake, Royce," he exclaims, eyes wide. "How are you not understanding this? There's cake downstairs, Royce. Cake."

Royce laughs. "Shut up, would you? You're fucking up my thoughts..."

"Jesus," Tobe groans. "You're such a workaholic, man..."

"Am not! Shut up!"

"Are too, you stupid perfectionist. Let's eat, Royce."

"Alright..." She's barely listening, trying to finish this paragraph. "I'm almost done..."

"Sweet," Tobe exclaims, reaching over to slam her laptop shut on her fingers.

"Tobe! You fuckin' - "

He hops from the bed. "Let's gooooooo."

"Fuck you, idiot!" She exclaims, because now, she might as well get up. "I was writing a paper for class."

Tobe purses his lips, placing the pads of his forefinger and thumb together as he leans towards his older sister.

"Cake, Royce," he says. "There is cake."

Royce rolls her eyes, jabbing him with her elbow. "You're too skinny to eat as much as you do, Tobe."

"What can I say?" He shrugs, leading his sister from the bedroom, "I was some t-rex in a past life."

"Okay, seriously, do you even hear you, sometimes?"

"Shut up," Tobe exclaims, as Royce's laughter rings through the halls. "You don't know me, Royce," and his face contorts into a smug smirk, "you're too busy swapping spit with your boyfriend."

Royce chokes.

"Yeah..." He wags his eyebrows, trailing behind her towards the stairs. "Didn't know you had a man, Roycie Poycie."

Her stomach lurches.

She gulps, "That's 'cause I don't, Tobe. The end. Conversation over."