[iv.iv. my side]

"Why you never come to where I stay at...?"
___

"This is illegal."

"Only technically," Calum says as he taps the wheel of the car he shares with Mali. "I do have my license."

"That's suspended," Royce corrects.

"Exactly."

And she laughs, folding her arms in the passenger seat. "Oh my god, do you even hear the words that come out of your mouth?"

"Of course, Poppy."

"Calum. Cal, this can't be good..."

He rolls his eyes. "I thought you weren't a goody-goody anymore," he says. "Thought I broke you outta that."

"What am I, a horse?" she asks as he pulls from in front of her house. "How're you gonna break me of anything?"

"Y'know," he shrugs, "'Cause I make you cooler. Chiller. Better."

"None of these are words."

"Actually, most are."

"Let's pretend like that's true."

He hums. "Because it is."

"Not," she finishes, "But, okay," and as he chuckles she stares at the road ahead. "Where are we going, anyway?"

"My side of town," he replies. "You get to see how the other side lives, today, Princess."

Royce only shakes her head. "Interesting idea for a date."

"You'd rather go ice skating?" He asks. "With Liam?"

"Okay, I am about to cancel you."

"You want me to take you exactly where he took you, hmm? Show you exactly how much more fun I am than him?"

"You are so extra," Royce laughs. And as he chuckles, she points to his iPhone, which is hooked up to the radio. "Can I play your sex playlist again?" She giggles. "I think I need some Wet the Bed in my life."

"You trying to get some?" Calum asks as he lifts his phone and sets it in her hands. "You need some--?"

"Dick?" She finishes. And she taps her chin, "It has been a while."

It had.

And it was weird, actually. It was weird not fucking around like they always did. It was weird that now that they'd actually admitted to liking each other, they hadn't had sex...

"I mean," Calum shrugs as Royce presses play on the playlist, "I can help you out with that, y'know."

"What?" She asks innocently, "With my lack of dick?"

He nods. "With your lack of dick."

"Really?" She grins. "You know a guy?"

"I do in fact know a guy."

"Maybe I'll take you up on that," she nods. "Maybe."

"Cool," Calum nods, as he turns up the sound of TreySongz and 'Dive In.'