Ep.1 "B-"

"B-?" Sunoo stared confused at the paper that was just handed to him, never in his 17 years of life has he got anything below an 'A', he studied hard, took extra academic classes and was the teacher's favourite, so how could he possibly end up wit...

"B-?" Sunoo stared confused at the paper that was just handed to him, never in his 17 years of life has he got anything below an 'A', he studied hard, took extra academic classes and was the teacher's favourite, so how could he possibly end up with a B-? His heart began to race, the only thought that fogged his mind was what his mother would say to his grade, probably call him a...

"Disappointment"

Or

"Useless idiot"

Like always...

For some reason sunoo could never please her, she was always so hostile and cold towards him, she never attempted to have an emotional bond with him and would rather die than touch him, she made sure to remind him every day that he was the reason for all her problems and I was the reason she couldn't live her "best life"

All she did was boast about how "great" her son was to her friends just to one up them, she was jealous.

Sunoo has tried everything to get her love and attention, even happy when she looks at him, but now look, a B-.

The boy stood up when everyone left the lecture hall and walked down to the teacher's desk from his seat in the front of the class, determined to get his grade raised before he stepped out the school.

But anxiety began to creep up his neck when the lecturer looked up from his desk with a hard stare, probably expecting for the student to approach.

Swallowing the lump in his throat, sunoo placed the paper down onto his teachers desk, "Ehem" he cleared his throat awkwardly, his nervousness evident in his posture and the way his voice came out shaky.

"Let me guess, you want your grade to be raised?"

Yes.

"I-I-I j-just do-don't understand w-why I-I got so-so low?" I stuttered out, yes stuttered.

I developed a bad stutter when I turned the age 3, the lack of emotional support from everyone around me, the harsh anxiety attacks I would get when having unwanted attention on me, the pressure of my mother on me and my lack of social skills effected my speech, one reason why everyone hated me, well not everyone I guess, my best friend is the only one I had, and the only one I didn't stutter around.

They thought it was annoying enough that I was smart, but I have a stutter, I was a burden to talk to and to listen too.

"Hm? You got a B-, that is great" the lecturer sat back in his chair and raised an eyebrow, "I mean, judging from the fact that everyone else is passing with Cs and Ds, you ought to be happy? What is the issue?"

"W-well I-I can't settle f-for b-B, I need an A" I tried to state firmly, messing up my first words.

"Hm, we'll sunoo, the SA was to write about something that your passionate about, how doing that thing makes you feel, how you enjoy it, the significance it makes on your life" the lecturer sat forward onto the desk, resting his chin on the back of his hand, "you on the other hand gave me an excellent SA"