Red as the Pomegranate

"I guarantee that this is not to Athena's liking," Liene complained as she raised the robe that Eris and Enyo desired for the silver-eyed maiden to wear.

The fabric was beautiful and opulent—but one can see through if Athena would decide to wear it.

"This is not what Lady Athena will wear—and I tell you that!" She strongly reaffirmed.

"It is true." Cloe agreed, painting a concerned look in her eyes while arranging the flower ornaments. "It left little to nothing. Wandering eyes will not turn around once they see the fair lady in it."

Liene grew red. Her nose was hot, and her hands were tightly grasping onto the clothing, repelled by such flamboyance.

It was blue—the lady's favored color—and soft décor of peonies circling on the lower tip. The cloth was undeniably magical despite being too sheer for Athena's taste. Everyone knows the once goddess of wisdom desired only the simplest of robes.

The servants had an aura of dim gray enveloping all over them. Continuing with their tasks—perfume bottles lined up on a table, and flowers for Athena's hair were placed on top of the thin robe as it rested on the bed. Cloe and Liene still had their lips closely shut, letting all those despairs drown the airiness of the room.

Instead of some glorious celebration, their current duties felt more like preparing for a funeral. The ornaments might be lush, but the intention was grim—dark as the two wicked goddesses' envy as the servants held on to their speculation there was some scheme sentenced against their dear lady Athena.

The flowers were lovely—in full bloom, expressing smiles and dainty good tidings for all to see. Roses were white, peonies were pink, and there was the baby's breath to match the hue of the robe. Yet, no matter how lively the florals were, they still masked the uncertainty of the whole event.

"Should I wake Lady Athena?" Cloe asked, cutting through the long train of thought.

"Let her wake up on her own," Liene answered. "The afternoon is too serene and perfect for her rest."

Cloe nodded as she leaned her head back against a wall.

As the sky turned orange, slowly bleeding a crimson on the horizon, Naida finally came with a wide grin.

"Greetings, my fine folks!" She giddily announced.

"What is with that smile?" Liene wondered.

"I am done reminding those hooligans of Lady Athena's food. But the most important thing aside from finishing such a task is that I eavesdrop on those blabbering ducks."

"Good news?" Liene's eyes torched, sparking a little hope.

"I hope that is indeed good news, Naida." Cloe followed, all the while still closing her eyes.

"A great news." Naida assuredly stated. "We need not to worry of Lady Athena. She is not being sold to some transaction as we initially thought. Instead, I heard the cook saying they would be busy preparing more food for tonight as Enyo, Eris, and Athena will have some kind of a small forum."

"A forum?" The droopy Cloe quickly opened her eyes.

"Yes—a forum."

"But Naida," Liene started, "What kind of forum? Look at this robe! Aphrodite might be the only one who will appreciate it."

As Naida drew closer and saw the robe, she confirmed Liene's statement. "Goodness me! Every sacred detail of her will be of a clear view!"

"That is what we thought. If my head is not at stake, I would have had this thing be off our sights—burned it until its existence was gone." Old Liene haughtily stated, intensely glaring at the robe.