Into Mr. Miles Mind

Ever since this morning I can not get her out of my mind. I did not expect to run into her inside the library. For What student comes to school as early as she. None, that's who. None are as passionate, or as bright as she is. None have that light, and innocence like her. She has the same perseverance that I saw in her when she was younger.

When we collided I was shocked to see her. She is so beautiful, no one could compare. I could tell by the expression on her face that she was shocked as well, but also afraid. Why was she so afraid? Its not like people have never ran into each other before. Plus, she was way to young to remember anything that had happened between us years ago. So she couldn't be afraid of me in that way. So again, why is she so afraid? All I know is that I need to leave fast. Before I do anything stupid.

When I had her in  my class for first grade, it was my first year teaching. I was one of those smart kids who finished high school as a freshman, not as a Senior. When I graduate college I was only nineteen years old. I then became a teacher when I was twenty. Layla was only six then, but she was so bright. Brighter than any six year old that I knew.

She always had a book in her tiny little hands, just like she does today. Back then though, it was the Junie B. Jones series, now it seems to be the "Forbidden game", or some other stories. I looked up reading log from the library so I could find out what she was interested in. She seems to like kidnapping, mystery, and romantic books the most. I don't know if she likes those type of stories because she is afraid of them coming true, or she just  likes the idea of kidnaping, and murder. I hope she is just afraid because, Layla is to pure for Murder.

"The forbidden games" though its the book she seems to check out the most. Like this morning. When she went to the Library that's the book she checked out. I saw it out on her desk when I returned to my room for her free period. She must love reading it over and over again. You always see something you didn't before, so she probably knows the whole book by heart. Lucky for me I have read the book several times as well, so If she ever wants to discuss the book we can talk about it together. I like that, because we will be together.

As I sat there and thought about the book I remembered the sign in the game store that Jenny walked into to. The sign said "Welcome to my world." I would have to incorporate that into my plan of winning her over. Layla will see that we have the same interests. Even if she doesn't, we still have a chance to work. NOT A CHANCE! WE WILL WORK! WE WILL BE TOGETHER! Nothing can stop us from being together.

The bell rang for the end of fourth period, which means my economics class with Layla is about to begin. I cant wait!! This class will be the highlight of my day. Especially since its the longest class period of the day.

I sat in my office in the front of the classroom and watched as the students came in through the tinted glass. Of course Layla was one of the firsts to arrive. She's just that type of student.

As she sat down I noticed it was the same seat from earlier. Last row and in the very back. She must really hate being in the front. That's so adorable! My sweet Layla is so shy. I love it when girls are so shy, and show their vulnerabilities. Its so cute! Shyness is just so Hot in a girl. I watched her through the window until the late bell rang. I stood up and walked out of the office.

"Welcome Class!"