𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆

Miserable is the word you could use to describe my day to day life..

I spend hours a day on my phone, scrolling through YouTube or TikTok because of one simple.. and indisputable fact;

I have no friends.

I know people, and I can't deny they're friendly.. but they aren't friends..

Which is part of the problem.

I sat in my bed, it was a Sunday.. unsurprisingly I hadn't touched any of my homework from last week and I don't think I was going to until my parents asked me to do something in which I would say

“I can't I have homework.”

To which they would argue that I had all weekend to do it and I would refute that fact with the lie that I was busy with even more homework.

I guess I have to take back what I said.. my life isn't miserable it's undeniably, irrefutably..

boring.

After I had this not so life enlightening resolution.. I forced myself up off my bed after a long and silent moment of contemplating if I should or not.. I stood up, stepping over my clothes basket and cat as I grabbed a book and a packet from my unzipped backpack that lied on it's side on my floor.

I looked at the book, turning it over as I examined it's ripped and worn of edges, the stained pages and the Title..

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘖𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴

S.E Hinton

I read through the packet, it was questions about the characters and the theme of the book of “your choice”

I say “your choice” because the book itself wasn't my choice, it was my teacher's who forced me to choose between this or “The theory of life” or something like that.. I thought “The Outsiders” was a more fitting title for me.. depressed yet? Same here..

I flipped through the copyright pages.. reading them out of procrastination, which was in all fairness.. dumb.

I got to the front page after reading the reviews on the front and back, the copyright information three times, then the summary before finally forcing myself to turn the page..

𝐖𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home.

I know this sounds like a lie.. but I was definitely planning on continuing the book past the first sentence..

But my mom came through the front door, I shut the book quickly as I hopped off my bed and headed downstairs to the kitchen..

For copyright reasons;

𝐖𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home.

Is a quote from S.E Hinton's: The Outsiders and does not belong to me