⌇▂▂𝑪𝒊𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆 𝑺𝒎𝒐𝒈▂▂⌇

“Charlotte, come downstairs and help with the groceries!” my mother yelled, even though she could hear me walking down the hallway towards her.. she insisted on yelling.

“Coming mom.” I said, turning the corner into the small kitchen and living room area.. both were able to be seem from the front door of our trailer home..

I started to grab some freezer stuff first.. chicken patties,frozen tacos, and other generic brand stuff.. not that I could complain, I didn't mind eating it.

My mom sauntered into the living room as she slumped into the couch.. I turned and motioned to the bags on the ground “Are you gonna help?” I asked and she sighed annoyed as she lit a half of a cigarette she found in the ashtray on the table.. taking a drag she coughs before speaking again.

“I bought it, you can do something for once.” she said coldly, coughing again.. I was about to retaliate with the fact she used her food card for groceries which came from the government.. but I shut my mouth and just kept putting the groceries away in random cupboards.

I tucked the bags in the back of the cupboard beneath our sink, it was just a pig bunch of bags.. don't ask me why we saved them.. we just did.

“So, how was work?” I asked as I passed my mom walking back towards my room.. when she didn't answer I looked at her to find her sleeping, the lit cigarette in her mouth.. I bent over, careful not to wake her up as I took the butt of it and put it out in the ashtray.. she coughed again, smoke invading my face as I held my breath..

I hated cigarettes.

I got up, fanning the air in front of my face to get the smell off of me.

I sat down in the chair across the couch, sighing as I yawned.. thinking about nothing and everything at the same time..
I sat there, staring out the window.. we had a T.V but only cable and I didn't feel like searching for something good on while trying to adjust the antenna.

Deciding to finally read that book I got up, yawning as I looked at my mom.. asleep. I left the living room to my bedroom.