T W E N T I E S E V E N

"Yeah?" She came down the stairs approaching her step father. His name was Henry and he was white. Yvonie called him Mr.Clent cuz that was his last name. Kaykay called him by his first name. "What is this?" He asked slamming her report card on the table. She flinched at the noise. "What do you mean what is this? It's my report card." She answered all confused about his aggression. "D's one E and one A." He said looking dead at her. "Okay I've already told y-" he cut her off, "told me? You don't have to explain trap to me, there is no excuse Mori." He said snatching the report card out of her hand. "Oh, your drunk?" She said with a laugh. "Oh I'm very sober Mori. You'd know when I'm not." God if looks could kill.

"It's because of those boys? They're distracting from all your work, I mean your skipping classes and shit. You didn't do that before." He complained and went on and on about "these boys" yvonie sighed, "not that your grades were better anyways." She mumbled. "Exactly, and I want you to be better then that. I mean one A? You've got to do better." He said with a sarcastic laugh. "You know, I've already got a dad to tell me that." Yvonie said, a fake smile forming on her face.

"And where is he these days huh?" Henry asked looking down at her, her face suddenly fell into a frown. "God, you come into our family one day and suddenly think you run shit, well ya don't!" Yvonie yelled in frustration. That's all he ever did, was criticize her and literally make her feel like a disappointment. "I don't understand what's so hard about the Truth vonie? I mean serious. You want the truth one day but then go crying about it. Ya need to grow up.." they continued on with their bickering for a few seconds until kaykay came down the stairs. "Yo- what's wit all da yellin?" He asked looking at the two.

"Nothin bro." Yvonie said with a sigh walking past him before running up the stairs. Kaykay gave Henry a mug before walking back up the stairs himself.
Kaykay decided to give vonie her space, he knew how she was when she didn't get it.

Yvonie couldn't help but sit in her room and think about the argument, and about the words he said. That's when she got a call, it was notti callin the GC. Yvonie cleared her throat and whiped her eyes before answering. "Yoo-" notti had said, ddot and dd then joined. "Hey-" yvonie said with a slight smile. "Y'all good mhs?" Notti asked and he seemed to be walking somewhere. "Yeah." Yvonie answered without looking at the camera.
"Hey, y'all can skip without me tomorrow." Yvonie then suddenly said. Ddot looked at her through the camera and already knew sum was up.

"Aigh if you stayin den we stayin to-" ddot said taking a hit of his blunt. "Who's we-" notti and dd said I'm sync. "Man fuck y'all-" yvonie rolled her eyes through the camera. Dd laughed and he seemed to be eating some candy or sum. Yvonie then let out another sigh, she really wanted to get her grades up but at the same time she knew it was gonna be hard. Especially wit her schedule. "So I heard that ndot nigga was on yo live-" notti then brung up. "So what?"

"Yk me and da nigha not cool like dat." Notti clarified muggin the camera. "Well duh, but it's ova some petty shi. Plus he just a close friend of Kay. Cuz yk he apart of what they got goin so he like almost like a family friend fr." Yvonie explained as she started going to her mini fridge and filling it up. "He betta be just a family friend and not a friend to u-" yvonie smacked her lips. "Stfu, cus if he was?" Yvonie asked cuz who was he talking to?

"You'll see lil nigga."

"Ian gone lie, I'm high ash rn-" ddot randomly said and he looked high to. "Damn how many blunts did ya smoke ma boi?" Dd asked with a laugh. "Da whole pack prolly." Yvonie suddenly said shrugging. Ddot then let out a loud yawn. "Bye." Yvonie then hung up the phone, that nigga do that everytime they on ft. A few minutes later passed by of her just laying in her bed and blasting music through her airpods she had. That's when her moment was interrupted by a knock at the door.

She took her airpods off and walked towards the door opening it. It was her brother and her mother. "Yes?" She asked looking at the two. She already knew why they were at her door. "What was all that arguing about between you and Henry?" Her mother Keisha asked whole folding her arms. "It wasn't an argument ma, it was just something that led into a disagreement I mean who cares?" She said walking to her bed and sitting on it. Keisha rolled her eyes. "I mean your report card is truly a disgrace, why so hostile because of that?" She then asked her daughter looking at her.

"Oh you to? Ya here to lecture me to and tell me it's all about the boys like he did? Y'all all over me rn and ion like that bro."

Kaykay just listened in, really don't think he was paying attention. "First of all, Ian ya bro. Second of all, watch how you speak to me because I'll turn this room up." Keisha said and yvonie sighed with a roll of her eyes. "myb ma, but you gotta understand. There's only sm I can do about those fucked up grades. I mean I'm busy to, especially with everything that's going on." Yvonie explained and her mother listened.

"And then with your husband, I don't like how he speaks to me. He äint had to come at me like that and you know that." Yvonie continued and kiesha nodded slowly. "I understand Hun, but the best you could do is just listen because he only wants the best for you."

Yvonie knew all she was saying was bull, but she just stayed quiet. Her mother truly didn't get it. Her brothet is always out so he's barely there, and everything was just so messed up and stressful for some reason. But she's trying real hard for her family, and she wanted them to understand that. "Okay." Is all she responded with and put her airpods back in her ear.

Emotional chapter but y'all gotta understand that this book ain't all about unicorns and flowers. This a real nigga book frl- 😍