Chapter 2: The Great Divide

Before the the start of the War of the 21st century, the Culture War and political differences plunged the United States into a Civil War. Republican States seceded from the Union after the 2024 elections and set their own federal government in its new capital: Dallas, Texas. The newly formed Republican States of America split the country into three parts: The west coast which remained in the US, the middle and southern states which became the RSA, and the east coast in which most states remained in the US.

The newly elected democratic government of the US under the leadership of Nicholas MacArthur, now faced the great challenge of reuniting the country before the powerful Chinese took over as the Super Power of the 21st century. The Chinese New World Order was becoming a reality; there was no stopping it now.

The first order of business for the newly elected president: Persuade the Republican States to reunite, to stop the madness of the culture wars and political differences...but was he willing to yield in exchange? He and the Democrats were also responsible for this madness.What would he give up? What was he willing to do to deter the country from self-destruction? The country had gone down this path once before, and Abraham Lincoln was the hero who stepped up and accomplished what seemed to be the same goal he has yet to achieve. Maybe Abe's example might shed some light into what he had to do...

On the other side of the coin, the President of the recently created Republican States of America, was a man of reason, but he was willing to fight for the ideals that that he thought were the foundation of the greatest democratic experiment in history. Now that foundation was believed to be gone, traded for beliefs that were irreconcilable. Lincoln Davis believed that the removal of the traditional values of the US were the main cause of the downfall of this once great nation. Ironically, it looked like the secession of states under his leadership, precipitated this downfall even further. Did the Republicans make a mistake? Could they in turn persuade the US to reunite under their terms? How? The majority of the people voted in favor of the opposition. The conflict in his mind: "Not because everybody agrees, it means it's right."

Two years later, the Chinese invade Taiwan; The Great War of the 21st Century begins. North America is ravaged by a war that has no light at the end of the tunnel. In a desperate attempt to stop the bleeding, MacArthur calls for a meeting. If union is not achievable, maybe a truce is in order. Maybe Davis would agree that the outside threat was more dangerous to the American Experiment. The longer time flew, the weaker America grew. Was the end of America as we know it, inevitable?