Panic at the Theater

This is it. Today is the day. The big movie that Yn and his friends were ecstatic and it showed. Yn couldn't sit still, Miles was beatboxing, Ned was muttering a bunch, and Harry was even tapping the wheel a bunch while he drove. They had been waiting for this for a long time, and finally it was here. Yn looks around at his friends from the front passenger seat. Watching the building go by, he can't help but smile widely.

Yn: Harry you're so awesome!

Harry: Oh come on Parker, it's not that big of deal.

Ned: Are you kidding dude? This is a super big deal!

Miles: Yeah man! This is so awesome! We're actually going to see this thing first day on opening night!

Yn: Front row seats!

Harry's father, Norman Osborne, had bought the tickets at Harry's request. Norman loves his son greatly and even treats Harry's friends as a part of the family. So when Harry asked his father for this, Norman immediately jumped on the opportunity.

Harry: Oh c'mon my father is the one who bought the tickets.

Yn: That you asked for buddy. You'd have said nothing, would we be going? No. So, once again, you're the best friend we could've asked for.

Ned: Yeah Harry don't downplay yourself.

Miles: Seriously dude, thank you again. This means a lot.

Harry: It's nothing guys. We've all been waiting forever for this. We've all got our struggles going on. Yn moved, Miles got his college preparation, Ned's family he's never met coming to town, and I have the future of the company looming ever closer. We all need this.

Yn looks out the window at everything going by. Yn had it better than he had first thought. He has made friends. Really good friends. Steph and Tim were great, and truly did look after him. But the boys were the boys. He's known these guys for years and they're his oldest friends. Soon enough they've made it to the theater and excitement is at an all time high. Harry parks the car and they rush to get in line. As they wait in line, Yn overhears someone talking about something he's not thought too much about.

Random Dude: Yo bro you hear about the bank heist that got stopped by Batman last night?

Random Dude 2: The Batman? He actually bothers with that stuff anymore? Doesn't he have like, a bunch of sidekicks for that?

RD: He's gotta do something when there's no world ending threat for the Justice League. There's plenty of crime in Gotham anyways. It's infested like a rat's nest.

Yn didn't like the sound of that, but the talk of Batman was interesting. He listens in to a little more they trail off onto other things that lose his intrigue fast. Something about Waynetech and electric cars. Yn didn't really care about that kind of stuff.

Yn: Batman huh? He's Gotham's Boogeyman. For criminals anyway.

Miles: That's what I heard. I don't really pay too much attention. Dad doesn't like him much. He says that Batman goes too far.

Harry: How so?

Miles: Every guy Batman takes down has several broken bones, and plenty of signs of a brutal beating. You'd think criminals would be afraid of doing anything wrong with how bad he beats people down.

Ned: Geez... That's a little much isn't it?

Harry: Not according to the "Dark Knight"

Yn: Well at least he's helping people I guess. It's better than what we can say for ourselves.

Miles: Fighting bad guys at night? Yeah, no thanks bro.

The guys laugh at Miles half-joke and start talking about other things while the line starts moving. Soon they get inside and make it to the snack counter and grab some stuff while Harry pays. Though Yn couldn't shake a funny feeling he was having. Like something wrong is going to happen. He felt it ever since he walked through the front doors. He shook it off though, deciding it was nothing. He didn't notice the man in the corner bearing a mischievous grin.