Chapter 11: ♡

Author’s Note:

Can we all pretend that this was posted on Satoru’s birthday? My heart hurts, I’m disappointed. This chapter was supposed to be posted on his birthday but my phone (which I use for gaming and writing fics) just died, it won’t start, just dead boot. Literally on the same day as Satoru’s birthday. Got no choice but to use my personal phone, thank goodness I have the email for backup. I was really looking forwad to it but yeah, it happened. Anyway, enjoy this chapter. Thank you all for the support and funny comments ♡

***

Everything went according to plan, but the result was far from what they expected.

Yuki came back to Japan a week later and cleared things up when she held a press conference. The news of her sudden divorce with Zen’in Naoya and his abusive behavior shocked the public.

There were fans, mostly men, who were mad at her for being a sensitive wife, and for what they thought was betrayal. Thinking, how dare she marry the Zen’in Naoya if she’d divorce him in a few years? Ridiculous. 

But the press conference’s goal was to provide her side of the story. She knows that not everyone will believe her, but she hoped that by sharing her truth, she could regain some control over her own narrative.

Yuki hadn’t expected the majority of the public would offer their support to her, and most of them sympathized her for everything that she had endured during their six-year marriage.

The power of the media is uncontrollable, considering everyone has the right to comment whatever they feel, regardless if it’s a good or a harmful remark.

She already cut ties with her family and is living on her own. Thank goodness she doesn’t have to rely on them from the beginning because, she can make way more than what her family does.

If it wasn’t for their threats of tormenting Suguru, she would’ve probably done this a long time ago.

Satoru was there to help Yuki from behind the scenes. When she needed assistance and protection to pass through the airports after coming back from abroad, Satoru immediately sent her the best security possible, and ensured her safety everywhere she went. It went on for months until Yuki decided to let them go.

When Yuki needed a place to stay after separating from her family, Satoru made her choose from one of his luxurious penthouses to live, but she ended up buying it because there’s no way she would receive that kind of help. That was too much, and her ego as a superstar like Satoru couldn’t accept it.

Yuki’s family, especially her parents, knew everything about her career and even the properties she owns, which is why she bought a place that is not something her family can easily track.

And when Yuki needed boosts for her articles and interviews, Satoru would extend his helping hand without hesitation. Helping Yuki is the only way that Satoru could think of and thank Yuki for all her sacrifices after all those years. And also, to help her destroy Naoya in the most professional way they could.

Meanwhile, Zen’in Naoya didn’t get the chance to hold a press conference to clear his name because, when he was about to do so, there were videos of him spread across the internet.