Chapter 2: Something to Worry About

Wheein tapped her foot while waiting for Jang Geon-do  to pick up the call. She was looking for information about the incidents yesterday. She knew that if there was anyone who would have a clue about family affairs, it was Geon-do.

No answer.

Wheein dialed the number again. She started pacing back and forth. She came to the thought that maybe she shouldn't have killed her father-in-law. Whoever was hunting then was probably one of Jongmin's many enemies.

Jang Geon-do finally answered Wheein's call. He sat up on his bed and brought his phone to his ears.
“Oh? Who's this?”

“It's Jung Wheein,Wheein promptly replied.

“You brat! Do you know what time it is?”, Geon-do exclaimed.

“I do. It's seven in the morning,” Wheein looked at her watch and answered, which made Geon-do question her sincerity.

“What do you want?” Geon-do asked with a sigh.

“Some people kidnapped my wife and infiltrated the mansion,” Wheein stated.

Jang Geon-do became silent for a moment. He was trying to remember something.

“I don't know who they were. They didn't look familiar to me or to Hanmi,” Wheein added.

“If you want information about the possible mastermind, you shouldn't be asking me. Although there is someone who's told me something like that last night...” Geon-do hesitated to continue further.

“Give me a name,” Wheein demanded.

Geon-do took a deep breath before he responded, “Ahn Hyejin”.

Words left Wheein. She clenched her fist. She exhaled sharply. Seconds after the silence she uttered, “I see. I will talk to her. Expect a favor in return for your help.”
She then ended the call and sighed. Despite her efforts to stay away from Ahn Hyejin, endless coincidences seemed to always bring them together.

Fate didn't give Wheein a break. Moments after she called Jang Geon-do, she found herself in an elevator with the one person she didn't want to be anywhere near.

Ahn Hyejin.

Hyejin was still sleepy. How could she have slept properly when someone almost killed her? Last night a thug was able to sneak into the Ahn mansion. Fortunately, Moon Byul was able to subdue the guy.

The incident reminded Hyejin of a memory from the past. She stole a glance at Wheein who stood in front of her and found it funny, how this woman who once swore to protect her with her life may very well be the same person who ordered the assassin from the the past night.

Wheein looked ahead amidst the tension in the space. She could sense Hyejin's eyes on her, drilling holes through the back of her skull. She started contemplating on how she was going to get answers from Hyejin.

The elevator reached the floor where Hyejin's office was.

Hyejin took big steps out and walked towards her office without looking back.

Wheein caught Hyejin's scent as she brushed past her. She followed Hyejin, hands on her pockets and having her usual demeanor.

Hyejin could hear the footsteps behind her as she made her way to her office. She decided to ignore Wheein and calmly sat down on her chair. She placed her hands on her desk and looked up. Wheein was now in her office.

Wheein stood before Hyejin's desk quietly.

Hyejin was in no mood to be respectful. She glared at Wheein and with a sharp tone, asked her, “Are you here to slash my car tires again and plant explosives?”