Chapter 10

Savannah's POV
-
I start back away slowly and say "don't call me that" "okay then" he says laughing a little at me. "Savannah leave now" Thad says demandingly "why? she just got here there's no reason to leave just yet" he says and starts to walk towards me and I start to get even more scared. "What's wrong? You look a little scared" he says smiling at me and I don't respond due to being so scared. "Answer me" he says through gritted as he hits me in the face and I whimper in pain and I run down the stairs and he runs after me as Thad runs after him. I get downstairs and see that's phone on the kitchen table and I grab it and start to dial '911' but the phone gets knocked out of my hand and hits the floor. I look up at my dad and I kick him right in the balls and he falls over. All the sudden the front door opens and Cameron walks in looking worried "Cameron??" Me and Thad say at the same time "hey I came to see if you were okay and when I pulled in a heard yelling so I ran to the door and realized it was unlocked so I just walked in" he says sounding worried, scared, and nervous. My dad stands up and says "oh who's this Savannah?" all innocently "like you care" I say loudly, rolling my eyes. "EXCUSE ME?!" He yells loudly at me and I gulp. He then brings his hand in the air so I close my eyes shut tight and cover my face with my hands but I soon don't feel anything so I open one eye to see Thad pinning him down and Cameron hitting and punching him. My eyes go wide as I become shocked that Cameron is doing that. You would think he wouldn't even hurt a fly. I run upstairs into my room, not wanting to see anymore. I sit by the window and look out of it watching the cars go past my room and just listen; I hear yelling and screaming and I soon hear the front door slam after I hear Thad yell to get out. I then hear footsteps coming towards my room and I tense up a little and my door opens and whoever it comes over and sits right next to me. I see out of the corner of my eye that it's Cameron and theirs nothing but quietness between us. After about 5 minutes I break the silence and say "thank you" still not looking over at him "no problem at all" "... why'd you come here in the first place?" "to see if you were okay because I knew you weren't ... I knew this morning when I saw you, I knew when I talked to you, I knew when you didn't talk to me, I knew at the mall, and I even knew when I was at home; so I decided to check up on you" "...this is why I didn't wanna tell you" "what?" "this is why I didn't tell you why I was crying ... because then you would've found out about my abusive father and that's the most embarrassing thing to me" I say now crying a little "well I wouldn't ever make fun of you about it ... I just wanna help you because you don't deserve that" "no. no. you shouldn't be involved Cameron" "I'm not getting involved Savannah all I'm saying is I'm here and I would really love it if you or me could call the police" "no. you can't. he'll hurt me" "Savannah, if he's in jail, you won't ever have to worry about him again ... you'll be safe" "...... fine" I say agreeing. I grab my phone and call the police and they immediately find him and put him in jail; which he's gonna be in there for about 16 years. Now I feel I can finally breath.