Chapter 14: In For It

~Hazel's POV~

 I was in for it and I knew it too.

My father sat me down and explained to me what was going to happen.

"You are going to tell me every single thing that faggot has been telling you and you arent going to give me crap about his girlfriend. You chose him to study him, your going to explain to me what makes him so god damned interesting weather you think ill understand it or not, alright?" Was the first thing he rambled on about.

I nodded my head quietly and let him continue. "You're only seeing him during your sessions, I dont care what kind of tantrum hes throwing in his sleep you shouldnt be in the cell house after hours, its dangerous. You're especially not supposed to be in his cell with out any ones supervision. I dont know what you were thinking earlier that you could do whatever you wanted, but it isnt going to happen anymore, you've crossed the line for the last time."

I sat there waiting for my punishment. Since I didnt really do anything else in the island, so its not like they would take anything away from me, but my father usually had me do some tedious task until he either forgot, or thought I learned my lesson.

"And you are to begin applying for scholarships to get to collage, you said you came here to get some help but I dont see you getting back up on your feet. You know what you're doing here isnt what you wanted before. I know you would rather have your degree than be having to do this without pay and still living with your parents. So start acting like you care." He snarled at me, I nodded silently again and he left in disgust.

I went up to my room a moment thinking about his last request, I hadnt thought of collage in the whole two months I had already been here and I wasnt sure what to think of it now. It was early November, so I had nine months before school started again. I would have to go back and start looking for collages and updating my résumé and start calling in for interviews. The thought of doing all of that work just to get my degree in psychology made my brain shut down, it seemed so boring now. Not to mention my view was completely changed now, I dont want to work in a lab studying medication and brains, I liked talking out peoples problems. I didnt want to go through all of the work to get it though. I didnt have much time to ponder it before my father called me back down stairs to eat, and to tell him all about Harry.

I am a terrible liar, after on going arguing with my father, I had no choice but to tell him the truth.

"Alright, Alright fine!" I said, finally fed up, "He was orphaned at the age of eleven. That meant he had to have gone to foster homes, which Im sure treated him like he was nothing. Im sure he was abused, I dont know, maybe raped, something to cause more trauma, on top of him witnessing his parents' death. Children put under such conditions either get dumb, which means they cant talk, or get destructive. Im sure Harry chose the latter, getting himself in a hospital or Juvenile Delinquent center or something. I dont know if he escaped some how or if he got out clean and relapsed once he was free, but he did the only thing that seemed right to him, and that was to break the law." I took a deep breath and waited for my father to say something. Everything I had just said was only a guess. I had thought about Harry more than I should have and this was my conclusion.

He sat back and stared at me a good long while before addressing me, "You make it sound like hes innocent."

I took another breath, well of course I thought he was innocent, I didnt know thats what I had made it sound like though. "Well from some physiologists point of view he is, and he belongs in a hospital not a prison."

He sighed, "From your psychological point of view, do you think his innocent?"

I didnt know how to respond and once my father noticed he scolded me.