Chapter 11: Scavenging Power

My birthday is on Thursday :D DAMN! 11 chapters already! I'm really glad you guys are liking my story. Lindsay Morgan (Raven) posted the season 7 intro on her Instagram and it looks so cool! Very out of the ordinary. The trailer for it is also up but I'm not watching that.. I want it to be a surprise! Anyways.. ENJOY!

Chapter 11: Scavenging Power

Murphy's P.O.V (About 3pm):

Normally people feel guilty or remorse while watching someone get tortured. Not me, I thought as Lincoln's fist cracked against Entons face and Kane told him to lay off. You see, I'm a person who lacks sympathy. Especially when I know what has to be done. That's why I get a little pissed off with how Jaspers been acting recently but that's besides the point. Does it make me a bad person? Sure. Do I care? No! I lack empathy as well! That's why Clarke, as self-righteous as she is, has actually started to grow on me. She knows how to survive and how to put her feelings aside in order to do so.

"Sir. Please," Kane pleaded walking up to Enton and hunching down to meet his eyes. "We don't need to hurt you. We only want to know why we're being hunted so we can work it out." The big ass grounder just slowly looked up at him with the most annoying smirk. Geez and I thought my smirk was punchable.. We tied his arms up so they were spread apart, leaving his chest and stomach exposed and he was in a standing position. I put my hand on Kanes shoulder, ushering him to move out of the way so Lincoln could do his thing. "Not yet!" He snapped at me, so I put my hands up in surrender and went back to the sitting on the counter of the fast food restaurant we were in. Our whole group was in there waiting for answers. I would too if I was being hunted. "Enton, is it? Look, if you think we are in cahoots with the other clan we aren't. They betrayed us on a very important mission to save our people."

"Kane, he won't know what cahoots means." Bellamy stated.

"I know what it means." Enton stated with that annoying ass smile. "This is fun." After he said that Kane sighed and moved out of the way. Lincoln cracked his knuckles and socked Enton right in the stomach. After a while I let out a bored breath, letting my lips flap, and got off the counter realizing this doesn't concern me, it's not like I'm being tracked down. Also I was getting bored of the unanswered questions. I took off my jacket and placed it on the counter before walking out. I heard someone following me out of the restaurant and when I turned around I realized it was Clarke.

"Huh, and I thought you liked seeing people getting tortured by now." I stated, she sighed.

"Please, shut up Murphy." She sat down on the ground and crossed her arms on top of her knees, laying her forehead on top of them and sighed again. I could tell this was stressing her out. I got mad at myself for what I said and lightly punched my thigh.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean that." She slowly raised her head to look at me. My grey eye's met her blue ones so she knew I meant it. She studied me for a bit then spoke,

"I left Arkadia so that I wouldn't hurt anyone else... And look where we are now." I pressed my lips together hard before I spoke, I had to get something through her head.

"Kay I'm not an expert at making people feel better, Clarke... But I am an expert at surviving."

"Clearly." She chuckled out.

"Yeah, you guys call me the cockroach, right? It's because I am one. I fight to survive anything and everything. In this world we're living in right now," I spread my arms wide and looked around, "It's kill or be killed. That's how we survive. If you have to tourture one grounder... Or kill 300 people.. In order to keep all your friends alive?" I shrugged. "I say screw the grounders and Mountain Men." She stood up and walked over to me. She looked confused for a second but then hugged me. I was taken back by it. I haven't been hugged.. Pretty much ever. I exchanged the embrace and wrapped my arms around her, probably not being very good at it. Enjoying the feeling of being held by anyone.. Even if it was Clarke Griffin.