17. Tea Spiller

Previously

The first day of y/n's rejoining in the company begins with her bumping into Joon. The conversation becomes awkward when Jungkook decides to jump in. Excusing themselves, Jungkook drags her to the vacant lobby and lets out all his insecurities and possessiveness in front of her. y/n comforts the latter by stating that he wasn't the only one with insecurities and that even she was possessive over him. A little bit of dirty talking between the couple leads to a kiss which remains incomplete due to Yoongi and Jimin's sudden butting in. Yoongi demands the younger ones to vacate the lobby in order to converse with y/n in isolation. The duo ends up talking about y/n's relation with Jungkook but before y/n gets the chance to deny, Yoongi brings up the potential kiss that he was aware, he interrupted.

The chapter ends with y/n being dumbstruck because of the unexpected revelation.

_________________

"What's with the horrified expression? Isn't it so obvious by the way you two converse? I mean, Jungkook is always kind and humble towards anyone he meets but in your case he becomes a massive sugar sack. Do you still expect me to be oblivious to all this?" Yoongi asks, making me drown further into the deep sea of embarrassment.

"So, I'm assuming you two to be dating, correct me if I'm wrong." He continues with a teasing smile.

Did I mention that he still looks handsome while poking fun at me? Okay! Let's not get deviated from the topic.

"I...w-we-," I stutter, my tongue clearly deceiving me and revealing the meant-to-be secret.

He's got a brain and some good IQ unlike you girl. Whom are you even trying to misguide? My subconsciousness switches teams as well.

"Yes, we are but because it can cause troubles if the news circulates, we are trying to keep it hidden for the time being. I'm so sorry we didn't share it with you people yet but I just don't want Jungkook to perceive that his feelings for me are actually a burden." I don't deny the truth and spill the tea myself, not forgetting to apologise for our tiny mistake.

"You and the feelings you two share can never be a burden for Jungkook, y/n. In all the years I've known him, one thing I'm sure about is that he has always wished for a normal life. A life where he has someone he can call his home, someone he can share the happenings of his day with. It's the first time I've seen him actually warming up to someone other than the members, instead of just faking his happiness for the sake of professionalism."

He pauses for a moment and passes me a smile full of satisfaction before revealing his actual thoughts. "To be honest, I don't believe in stuffs like love and blind trust. Not that I believe these don't exist but it's severely rare, maybe that is the reason you've never seen me interacting to a lot of people. No one's born this way, neither did I. It's just some incidents that take charge of our feelings and force us to think in a specific way. I didn't know this earlier but now do that all this time you felt the same as me and still tolerated my attitude when I was mindlessly acting cold towards you."