☰10- THE POLICE

I followed Bucky and pulled Sam, the boy pushed him to start walking and we did, making it out of the house.
I looked back as the boy stopped for a second, looking at me, not in that flirtatious way like before. I wasn't really focused on him anyway, I looked at Isaiah, wondering how they could have put him through that.

"Sam—"

"Why didn't you tell me about Isaiah?" Sam asks as we continue to walk. "How could nobody bring him up?!"
Bucky doesn't reply. I was already mad so I didn't say anything. "I asked you a question, Bucky."

"I know."

"Did Steve know about him?" I asked.

"He didn't. I didn't tell him." Bucky answered.

"So you're telling me that there was a black Super Soldier decades ago and nobody knew about it?!" Sam asked, stopping and the two looked at each other.

A cop car pulls up after they use their siren. "Hey." They got out of the car.

"What's up, man?" Sam asked.

"Is there a problem here?" The cop asked.

"No." I say. "They're just talking."

"We're fine." Bucky says.

They come up. "Can I see your ID?" The officer asks Sam and only Sam.

"I don't have ID. Why?" Sam looks at him.

"Man, seriously?" Bucky sighs.

"Okay, sir, just calm down." They both came over to Sam's side.

"He is calm. What the hell are you even doing?" I asked turning to look at them. "They were just talking."

"Why aren't you in school?" The officer asks and I raise an eyebrow as he looks me over. "Do you have anything on you?"

"Anything on me?" I repeated. "Are you crazy?"

"Amelia." Bucky tells me. "Sam, just give him your ID so we can leave."

"No." I answer for him.

"No, I'm not giving him shit. We're just talking."

"Hey, Hey! Are these two bothering you?" The cop asks Bucky.

"Excuse me? I told you we're talking."

"No, they aren't bothering me." Bucky says. "Do you know who they are?"

"Hey, these guys are Avengers." His partner whispers to him. "And that's Amelia Stark."

The officer looks at us and his eyes widen. "Oh, god, I'm so sorry, Mr. Wilson. Miss Stark." He chuckles nervously. "I didn't recognize you without the goggles and um.."

"You're sorry?" I ask annoyed and then scoff. "I can have your ass fired for harassing us. Don't think I won't."

"Amelia—" Sam pulls me back.

"I'm really, really sorry about this." Sam and I look at each other then at Bucky. Another car pulls up. "Guys... just wait here, okay? Just.." He walks away.

I sigh. "Hey." We look at Bucky. "I didn't... I didn't tell anybody because he had already been through enough."

Sam shakes his head. The officer comes back. "Mr. Barnes, there's a warrant out for your arrest."

"The President pardoned him for all of that." Sam says.

"Not for that. You missed your court-mandated therapy. It's like missing a check in with your PO. Sorry Mr. Barnes, you're under arrest."

Sam and I watch as they cuff him and put him into the back of their car, driving away.
   I turned away as a pain shot in between my eyes. Of course I would get a headache now, I really wasn't surprised with everything that has happened in the last few days and now.

I looked at Sam, we silently agreed that we had to go bail Bucky out of jail as soon as possible.

↠ ↠ ↠

We got to the station and Sam said he would make some calls and I told him that was fine so I called Pepper and told her what happened, mainly ranting about it because I was offended that the cop was insinuating I either had drugs or some kind of weapon. After I was done telling her about it I looked at the tracker that put on one of the trucks. I calmed down after she talked to me.
I finally went back into the building and sat down next to Sam asking him how much longer it would be.

"Are you a child?"

"Technically, under U.S. law. Yes." I smugly smile. "Seriously, how much longer?"

"I don't know." He says and looks at me. "Hey, how you holding up?"

I look at him and shrug. "Hasn't been the first time and won't be the last time." I smile and play with my necklace. "When I was kidnapped I heard they stopped looking three months later. I really hate these guys because—"

   "There were more important crimes ans missing persons."

   I nod, he pats my back in a comforting way.

"Sam. Amelia." We look up to the lady. "I've heard a lot about you two. I'm Dr. Raynor. I'm James' therapist."

Sam gets up and shakes her hand first. "So nice to meet you."

"Thank you for getting him out." I shake her hand.

"That was not me."

"Christina." We look over to see John walking in, shaking hands with cops and getting his picture taken. "It's great to see you again."

"You've got to be kidding me." I huff.

"You know him?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, we did some field ops back in the day."

"Heard you were working with Bucky so I thought I'd step in." He came up to us. "Bucky's not gonna be following a strict schedule any longer."

"We haven't finished our work." She told him. "Who authorized this?"

He smiled and motioned to himself. Bucky then came out. "He's too valuable of an asset to have tied up. Just do whatever you have to do with him, then send him off to me."

"He's not a care package." I say.

"I've got some unfinished business with him. You too Wilson, Stark. I'll be outside." He walked away.

"James, condition of your release, session now." Raynor spoke. "You too Sam, Amelia."

"That's okay. We'll be out here with—" I say but she cuts me off.

"That wasn't a request."

"All right." I sigh and follow her. Bucky and Sam follow as well.