☰14- IN MADRIPOOL

[MADRIPOOR]

Zemo made me put makeup on to cover my freckles that the mask wouldn't cover. I straightened my hair which I was fine with but I hated listening to him. I put in the contacts that turned my eyes an almost black color.
I was glad that this disguise was meant to keep me as hidden as possible, every feature that I didn't want exposed was concealed under the clothes. It was an all black suit with a vest and black heels, giving me an extra five inches in height.
I hid my necklace under the top and zipped it up, pulling the gloves on that hid my hand tattoos and jewelry. The only thing I had to remove were my bracelets, I hesitated for a moment but pulled them off, sticking them in a pocket of the vest.

"Mel, you ready?" I heard Sam from the opposite side of the door.

"Yeah." I looked at myself in the mirror one last time before walking out and biting back a smile.

"Don't—"

"I wasn't!" I chuckled and he turns, frowning. "Come on, Sam! You still look nice!"

The four of us were walking on the road, a bridge to be more exact. We could see the city from where we walked and I could see the car coming our way, it was a black car with slightly tinted windows.
Zemo and Sam were in the middle, only one actually looked kind of classy, at least I thought so. Bucky was on Zemo's left and I was on Sam's right.

"We have to do something about this, I'm the only one who looks like a pimp." Sam says.

I chuckle into the mask I was wearing. "Only an American would assume a fashion-forward black man looks like a pimp." Zemo tells him but without looking at him. "You look exactly like the man you're supposed to be playing,"
He pulls his phone out. "The sophisticated, charming African rake named Conrad Mack, aka the Smiling Tiger." He passes the phone to Sam.

"He even has a bad nickname." Sam complains but looks at the picture. "Hell, he does look like me, though. But why does she get to look all cool?"

"Because I am." I smirk under my mask.

"You smell this?" Zemo asks.

"Yeah, what is that? Acid?" Sam asks.

"Madripoor." He replies. "No matter what happens we have to stay in character. Our lives depend on it. There's no margin for error."
The car pulled up. "High Town's that way. Not a bad place if you wanna visit, but Low Town's the other way."

He gets in the front and Bucky gets in behind him. I got in on the other side so in the end I was sitting in the middle seat.

"Let me guess. You don't have any friends in High Town." He got in.

We started driving into the city, all of us facing forward until multiple bikes pulled up around us and Sam started looking around. They followed us into the Low Town.
We got out of the car and followed Zemo, I was behind him while Sam and Bucky were behind me. The city reminded me of the futuristic sci-fi kind of city. It was dark and the light that it did have was all some type of neon club light. I didn't look around too much but from what I could see, the weapon smuggling, the illegal sales, or at least they would be illegal if they had any real law enforcement here.

"Here we are." Zemo says. Everyone turns to look at us as we walk through the bar. "Ready to comply... Winter Soldier?"

"Is that the Winter Soldier?" Someone asked from the crowd we were walking through.

We walked up to the bar, I stood on the side of Sam. "Hello, Gentlemen. Wasn't expecting you, Smiling Tiger."

"His plans changed." Zemo answered. "We have business to do with Selby."