𝟎𝟐(𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭)

chapter 2
"prove it"

chapter 2"prove it"

7:45

matt was rushing around the house, trying to find his car keys. he was meant to set off to pick dejah up 5 minutes ago, but had lost his keys. "thanks for helping me look guys, appreciate it." he shouts sarcastically at nick and chris who are sat on the couch, watching matt run around frantically.

nick and chris look at each other and giggle, "should we tell him? it's been five minutes" laughs nick, whispering in his ears.

chris giggles, "fine." he says, "matt." he shouts, getting matts attention. when he looks over, chris bursts out laughing, nick joining in. "they're in your hands buddy" he laughs.

matt looks down at his hands and he sees the keys, dangling on his pinky. matt smiles from the embarrassment and tries to hide it. he groans and flips them both off before walking out of the front door.

nick and chris quickly follow behind and chris gets in the front seat next to matt, and nick gets in the back. matt sends a quick message to dejah saying that they're coming to get her. chris was kinda dreading having to be in the same car as dejah today ever since their slight argument last night in the library, but he had decided that he was gonna try and talk to her today, and hopefully apologise. chris grabs the aux cord and starts to play taylor swift, before turning the corner into her street. "the fuck is this? you hate taylor?" asks matt, smiling in the rear view mirror at nick who smiles back at him.

"it's not for me. it's for dejah" he says, making the car go silent. the only thing you can hear is taylor blasting in the background. matt parks his car outside her house and waits a few seconds before watching her walk towards the car. she looks exhausted, tired and miserable. when chris saw her, he knew it was gonna be hard trying to talk to her.

she opens the door and when she hears the music her mood immediately switches, "wow matt. good choice"

matt glances at chris who puts his lips together awkwardly. "oh, um. it wasn't me who put the song on for you.. it was chri-"

"it was me." says chris, cutting matt off. he turns around in his seat to look at dejah who stares at chris in disbelief. they hold a stare for a few seconds before dejahs lips begin to curl upwards into a big smile, making chris turn around shyly.

"thanks chris." she says, quietly. nobody else in the car heard her, apart from chris. he was happy that she was happy, and she was happy that he played her favourite song for her. "you.. remembered." she says, laughing a little bit.

chris turns around again, "how could i forget?"