1

The marriage of the Crowned Princess was the talk of the land. Her mother and father, The King and Queen of the Seattle-Grace Kingdom were overjoyed by the marriage. Their only daughter set to inherit the throne had a suitable husband. While not a man of royal blood her husband Tucker Jones is a man of riches and has been given a noble title Baron Acountis. Acountis being the land where his family's business thrives. He comes from wealth and couldn't wait to wed the lovely princess. A marriage of 12 years. They share a son Prince William George aged 2 years old. However secretly the crowned princess wishes more out of her life. But she dare not share her ambitions with anyone not even her husband and especially not her parents.

"Your highness" Her lady in waiting Meredith Grey knocked on her door slightly startling her out of any drifting thoughts she had.

"Lady Grey do you need something" She questioned

"The King and the Queen have requested your presence in the library" She responded from the other side of the door. She dare not enter with the princess instructing her to.

"Tell them I shall be in there" She sighed and got up

"Mandy" Her husband walked in carrying their son. She smiled at her son. His bright smile and big brown eyes melting her heart. She kissed his cheek and looked at her husband. His appearance sparking a slight feeling of annoyance in her.
"My presence is requested in the library. Any ideas of why" She questioned. Figuring her husband had something to do with this sudden meeting.

"Maybe they are finally stepping down and rightfully giving you the throne" He chuckled

"I doubt that" She chuckled as well

"Or they know that the only way you listen is if a book is in your hands" He watched as his son watched his mother. His little boy loves his mother more than anything. Tucker did not want his son to be raised by a nanny but rather by his mother and father. However it seems the Princess has other plans. At least in the eyes of Tucker Jones. So they got a nanny. But more often than not the small child is with him. She gets to run a kingdom someday and he is doing women's work.

"That is not so" She scoffed

"You scoff but it is true. Your head is always in those silly medical books" He sat on their bed "or somewhere with your mother and father on business"

"Those books are not silly" She shook her head. Tucker doesn't understand her love of medicine. She is aware that as the next in line for the throne her place is not in the medical world and she should instead be concerning herself with running the kingdom. "And as far as being away on business. I am heiress to the throne Tucker Jones. That means I need to be prepared to rule over this kingdom some day"

"I say it is silly for the heiress to the throne to spend more time in the library than with her husband and son" He walked over to her "Is it so bad I want you here with us more"

"You would want a foolish woman for your queen or one with some knowledge" She walked towards the door

"Any woman who ignores her duties as a wife and mother is foolish" He opened the door for her "think about that"

She ignored him and walked out of her room. She walked towards the library and looked around at the walls of the castle. Portraits of her family hung on the walls. She gazed at the portrait of her as young girl with her mother and father. All she's ever wanted to do is make them proud. That's part of the reason she married Tucker. Her father believed that a marriage and a baby was best for his daughter. She married young and while they struggled to conceive eventually William George came. Their marriage looks good. And they've produced the next heir to the throne. Her son is the best thing for her out of this marriage.

"There's my girl" Her father smiled when she walked into the library. She had been so caught up in her own thoughts she hadn't even realized she was at the library.

"Mother,Father" She smiled

"Darling, we have a request of you" her mother smiled
Miranda got a little nervous. She began to slightly tug at her fingers. She looked into the eyes of her mother and father. She didn't feel like the future Queen. She just felt like a little girl standing before her parents.

"Yes" she choked out

"A ball" Her father's face lit up

"A ball" she repeated in a questioning tone

"Yes. A ball. A big grand ball" Her mother lit up as well

"You want me to attend a ball" She sat down

"No. Throw the Queen's ball" Her father sat down next to her and placed his hands on her's

"But I am not the queen" She nervously chuckled

"But you are in line for the throne and so I say you should throw this year's ball" Her mother gave her a comforting smile

"The Queen's Ball is a beloved tradition and Queen Elena sure knows how to throw one" Their butler George O'Malley smiled as he poured them some tea.

"Why thank you George darling" Elena smiled as she sipped her tea

"Princess I'm sure you will throw a grand ball" He smiled

"The Future Queen. Shall be throwing this year's Queens Ball" Her father stood up and clapped his hands

"Excellent. I will gather everyone to begin spreading the word" Her mother stood up and happily took her husband's hands
"We shall talk details in the morning" She kissed her cheek as they walked away leaving her slightly dazed by the conversation. If one could even call that a conversation. She sat there mouth agape searching for her thoughts to become clear rather than the mush that was in her head at the moment.

"Princess" George slightly tapped her shoulder. Shocking her into the real world and out of her thoughts.
"George" She jumped accidentally bumping him"Apologies" she stood up

"If you are worried about the Queens Ball. There is a team dedicated to helping you plan. And Im sure you will do marvelous" He gave her a warm smile. She always loved to see O'Malley's smile. Her son is named after him. He helped her deliver her son. Which is unprecedented in the Kingdom. There are midwives for that sort of thing. However at the time he was the only one who could convince her everything would be okay. She gave William the name George as a thank you. Out of all the servants in the castle, George is her favorite.

"Thank you George" She tapped his cheek "it is just a lot to take in. This ball is historical. And a right of passage as Queen" She huffed and stood up "But I as the future Queen. Have a duty and I can do this"

"Precisely" He nodded
She gave George a quick hug and returned to her room.

"What did your parents want" Tucker was awake to her surprise and little Tuck as they liked to call William was crawling around their bed.

"Why is he awake" She picked up Tuck and kissed him all over his face causing him to erupt in laughter.

"I asked a question. Must you always ignore me" Tucker sat up in bed

"I am throwing this year's Queens Ball" She sat on the edge of the bed and began to rock their son to sleep

"They called for you, to tell you that you are throwing The Queen's Ball" He chuckled "you" his tone condescending as if she knows nothing about this Ball. She's only had to attend it year after year. Truly she knows this Ball inside and out from years of watching her mother prepare for it.

"Yes, me Tucker Jones" She stood up and walked out to place her child to sleep in his room.
That man infuriates her so but she has a duty as his wife and a duty to her kingdom as their future Queen.