Chapter 6

*Julian*
-Is there something wrong, Julian? Are you ok?
-Oh yes, it's nothing.
But there was actually something. A series of flashbacks ran through my mind. Pictures from my past that wouldn't leave me alone. It was something I've suffered a lot for. Something that I'd rather ignore so I could carry on with my life. At the end, it was none of her business.
-Uh so tomorrow at seven, right?
I repeated trying to calm down.
-Yes!!
-Ok. We should be leaving now. Martijn!!
We left just as Martin came downstairs. Anton came down to say goodbye. We shook hands and left. "Bye guys" He said from the door. I took the wheel and drove home, trying to forget those flashbacks I had a while ago. But I couldn't.

*Celeste*
Back home, I went to the kitchen and poured some water in my glass. I noticed Martin was feeling weird and I asked him how he was and what happened upstairs.
-But are you sure nothing has happened up there?
-No!! Can you please stop asking...
-Martijn!! -I then exclaimed angry. -There's obviously something you have to tell me. C'mon. What is it?
-I already said it's nothing!!
-WHAT IS IT?!
-NOTHING!!!!
-TELL ME!!
-No!! I won't say a word!
-Why? I am your cousin, I need to know!!
-Well... Alright, you win. Something has happened... But I promised not to tell anything about it.
-Oh, I see... But I promise I will keep the secret too. Please, what happened?
-Well... It's about Anton...
-What's with him?
-Uh... It's not only him but also Dillon.
-Ah, then what? Are they ok or... what?

*Martin*
Why was she asking so much?! I promised to keep quiet and there is she, begging me to tell her about what I had seen. But well... I talked.
-It's just that Anton... and Dillon, err...
-...
-They... had a little fight and I didn't know how to help.
[Sorry Les, but I promised to stay quiet]
-Wow, I didn't know... But why did you rage at me like that?
-Oh, umm... I don't know... Probably I'm a little frustrated for not being able to help -I lied.
-I understand.
-Sorry, by the way.
-It's ok.
I've always been sincere to her, but this time I couldn't break my promise. I couldn't just give the secret away. I couldn't just give that kind of secret away. Specially for Dill. He seemed like the most... affected? Well. I felt like I could not do such thing to them. To him. There's something about him -besides his relationship with Anton- that made me wonder...

*next day*
*Julian*
Today! Today was the day!! I went to the shop, bought the finest suit I saw and headed home. I rang the bell, my buddy opened the door.
-Hey, why so formal? Where are you going?
-I'm going out with Les.
-Cool, I'll be ready in a minute, hold on.
-Uh, I was actually thinking of going with her only.
His smile suddenly disappeared. Then I saw at the back that she was coming.
-Hi, Les -I greeted her with a smile.
-Wait why so formal? Did I have to dress like that?!
She was desperate.
-Wait for me until I change! -she said rushing upstairs, but I stopped her.
-You look fine like this.
It was noticeable how Martijn got more annoyed by what I said, so I just kept my mouth shut.
-Bye Mart. I'll be back in a few hours.
-Have fun! -he waved as we were leaving. At certain distance I could hear he slammed the door in rage.

*Martin*
WHY IS HE GOING WITH HER ONLY?! WHY THE HELL DIDN'T HE INVITE ME?! He has always been hanging out with me, it kinda surprised me this time he didn't even bother to tell me that I could go with them!! But... WHY HER?! I need to know what is going on between them. And if I EVER FIND OUT I'M GONNA... Ugh. I definitely need to chill. This is getting me out of my head. I just want nothing bad to happen to her... I don't want her to suffer... just like I did. I know Julian, I know he is a good guy, but he made lots of mistakes during his past relationships. I know that. Very well. Suddenly, someone knocks the door.

-Who is it?
-Guess...
I recognised that voice. The voice of that extremely beautiful girl I saw at the nightclub. I couldn't believe it was her!! I think that's what I needed to relax a little. As soon as I opened the door, I forgot about what was bothering me a while ago.
-So, what are you doing here?
-Nothing, just came to see you.
-Uh, me? -she laughed when I asked her that stupid question. How dumb I was!
-Well, who else could I visit here if I just saw Julian and Celeste going out?
-Hah, smart girl aye.
-So... -she lay on the couch. -I didn't catch your name the other day.
-Martijn. You can call me Martin if you want.
-Ok.
She smiled. Damn that smile... She was for real beautiful! I walked to the couch and sat beside her.
-Got any plans?
-Nothing. Julian went out with Les and well... I'm here alone, on my own.
-Enjoying some time for yourself huh.
-Yep.
-What do you like doing in your spare time?
-The only thing I always did here was following Jul and Celeste around. You?
-I like walking. I always go for a walk at a park near my house. I also ride bike, and sometimes I just go and stare at the clouds.
-Sounds like you have much time to spend.
-Actually yes. It's because I usually get bored, see, I don't have further friends than Julian and Dillon. Dillon is always busy with his new friend... Anton, could it be?
-Yeah, Anton, his friend... -I doubted.
-Yeah, the same with Julian. And now even more that you and your cousin are here.
-He's such a nice person, he just wants her to be comfortable in a place she has never been to.
We started a long chat then. Until one moment I went in complete silence. I was out of topics. How am I supposed to talk to her if I don't even know what about?

-What if we go somewhere? -she suggested.
-That restaurant where Julian and Celeste are, what do you think?
-Could be!
-Shall we?
-Yeah!!
We didn't wait and we went straight to the restaurant. There they were.

*Julian*
Here we were, eating, talking... This was nothing less than the best date I've ever had in years. She was beautiful. Extremely beautiful. Her eyes, her smile, her... Everything! She wasn't in elegant clothes, yet I looked at her as the most beautiful woman I've seen. But I knew I was doing things wrong. I knew... that maybe I was a jerk before -and I still am for what I'm doing now, and I know it- but I really wanted to change... Only this feeling could change me! Only she could change me... Or at least that's what I thought...

--------------------
BEEN WRITING THIS SINCE I FINISHED MY EXAM AND I'M DONE NOW WOOH!!!

I need to post more often but I'm busy all day, so sorry if you expected like daily updates.

By the way, Happy Father's Day everyone!! Congrat your dad, hug him, tell him how much you love him, feel thankful for what he does for you (and probably some sibling out there), and always know that, wherever he is, he will always love you and protect you from any bad! :'D

Anyway The show must go on! So... Next chapter maybe? Maybe not? Who knows...