Chapter 28

*Martin*
-Listen. I'm happy, okay?
-It seems, but you are still confused. Just tell Lynn you don't feel comfo...
-I am comfortable! You are not in my head to know what I really think or feel! ... I like her! I like Lynn!! I like being with her! I like her, get it? I LIKE HER!!!
-MARTIN, WAKE UP!!
She yelled. She kept on saying I was in some kind of denial. I couldn't hold back my anger, I shouted at her. I said that it couldn't be true, that she was crazy. I wanted to keep on shouting, but my voice started to break. She slapped me a couple of times. I ended up crying again.

-I like her... I like her, what are you insinuating? What you say is not true... Please stop saying that!!!
-You're just in denial!
-I'M NOT IN DENIAL!!
She just looked at me, as my tears were falling down my face.
-I like her, Les...
-Just admit that you feel something for Dillon as well.
-But that can't be love, Celeste!!
I just couldn't believe what she was trying to tell me. I knew she would think that way. But I couldn't blame her. On the inside I knew that... she was right.

-Why are you with her if you don't really love her?
-I don't know... I like her... She's everything I've ever wanted... But... She doesn't make me feel the same way when I'm with Dillon...
-Why are you not clear about your feelings for him? I mean, tell him how you feel. I'm sure you won't lose anything.
-I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to see me anymore. When I told him that I was with Lynn already...
-You what?!
-I'll tell you later. The thing is that he didn't seem to like the news and left me...
-Then tell him what you feel. Tell him. Go talk, that is what you both need.
-Are you sure? What if he says no?
She continued encouraging me, and then hugged me. With a smile on her face she told me "Go now". I wanted to go. But I was afraid.

I took the chance in the afternoon. I tried to calm down after the discussion I had with Celeste. I went to his house with all the confidence in the world, but still feeling afraid. I knocked the door, and I got this big, (not very) "pleasing" surprise.

-Martin? Hello! How are you?
-Uh, Anton?
-Yes. Hi. Is everything ok?
-Actually I was looking for Dillon... Is he there?
-Yes -he said with a smile, -I'll call him, okay? Just wait.
He seemed friendlier than usual.
-Who is it? -Dillon asked as he was walking downstairs. He walked to the door and...
-Oh hi, sugar -he said, kissing his cheek.
-Sweetheart, Martin's looking for you.
-Hey Martin! Do you need something?
This is one of the biggest surprised one has ever given to me. And I don't mean a good surprise. I mean... wow... Did he really forget me so fast? I mean... How? Some days ago he was... different. And now... Maybe I realised too late, but I liked, loved, wanted... needed his affection. Could it be... That I finally lost it?