Chapter 22

*Julian*
-Hi Dill!
-So guys, wanna go somewhere?
-Maybe just driving around the city, what do you think?
-Great idea, Les.
I like Dillon a lot, but man, why did Martin have to tell him to come over? I was really enjoying the idea of being alone. I could have finally said what I hadn't before, without anyone interrupting or ruining the moment. But oh well...

*Celeste*
We've been out all day and now Dillon took us to a very fancy restaurant. I went look for a table, Julian and Dillon took a little more time to come and sit. They were talking, I don't know what about, but it seemed like Julian had problems with something. I decided not to ask, just in case.

*Julian*
-Tell her already!
-I don't know, Dillon...
-If you don't say it she will never know, and you won't get a chance.
-I know but... I'm not sure... I want to, but if she says no?
-There's only one way to know. C'mon, you're weird now. You've always been confident about this kind of things. What happened?
-Maybe I just don't want to feel reject.
Yeah, that's what I was fearing the most. Reject.

-I'm ready to love again. But I'm not ready to get heartbroken... I promised myself I wouldn't repeat the same mistake as before. That I would get over it. But every time I look at her, every time that I'm with her... it all just comes back to my head. All my past, all my mistakes. Everything! And I want to fix what I've done.
-I know what you mean. But believe me, if you don't try you will never get a chance with her. I will help you, but we're taking too long, she's waiting for us.
-Thank you so much for the help, really.
-That's what friends are for.
I hugged him with happiness. He was such a good friend. Anyway, Celeste was waiting for us, as Dillon said. So we went and sat with her.

The waiter came and we ordered. After a while waiting...
-Dillon, where are you going?
-To the washroom, I'll be back.
He winked at me, clasped my shoulder and left. Then he texted me "This is your moment ;)". An awkward silence took over.
-So... Les...
-Yes, Julian?
-Again, I didn't finish telling...
-Oh I remember. You wanted to say something after ice skating but then we saw Anton. Am I right?
-Yes... I wanted to tell you... that...
I tried my best to stay calm and not freeze, but it was impossible for me not to feel nervous when I looked at her...
-Listen. -I took a deep breath. -I know I didn't have the chance to say this... But... I like being with you. You are such a friendly, humble, kind, funny, cheerful girl... And, uh...
-If you have something to say, just say it.
-Remember when we kissed?
-Yeah, it was quite... uh... cute.
She giggled and blushed. She was being shy too, which made me feel a little more confident.

-Did... did you like it?
She giggled again and didn't answer.
-Well -I continued, -all I wanted to say is... that I'm lucky to have you in my life. And I... eh...
I took courage. I took her hands and looked at her. Then I took a final breath to finally say it. Three little words that hold such a great feeling...
-I love you.

--------------------
Speaking of Valentines look at these lovebirds 😍 Hope you've had a nice and lovely day today as mentioned before 😘😘

Much love <3