Chapter 20

*Martin*
-Anton said that you broke up with him because... because you felt something for me. Is... Is that true?

He was just looking at me. He was frozen. He didn't answer.
-Dillon, do you like me? -I asked again.
-Well... Do I like you? ... Yes. Yes, I would say so. You are a very kind and friendly guy, so...
-No no no no -I interrupted. -What I mean is... Who am I to you? Do you like me as a friend? Or... more than that?
There was a little moment of silence until Dillon finally reacted

-Uh, I think you need another bag of ice, let me get one for you.
Indeed, the ice from the bag I was holding against my forehead had already melted, I would really like one right now... No! Focus!
-Dillon, please answer me.
-Are you sure you don't want something to drink? Because I...
-Dillon!
As he was leaving to the kitchen I walked to him.
-Why don't you answer me? What do you really feel?
I could tell he got annoyed by the question.
-What did he tell you exactly?
-That you like me. Is it true, Dillon?
-Alright, let me explain. I didn't specifically say that "I like you". It was more like Anton confused things, he wouldn't stop yelling at me and asking the same, so I said something like "What do you want me to say? That I'm in love with Martin?", but it was not meant in that way... You understand.
-I see...

I sat on the couch again. But still... I felt that there was something he was hiding.
-Then why didn't you answer my question?
-I already have!
-Do you like me, Dillon? More than someone you can hangout with? Do you have feelings for me?
-I didn't let you in my house for you to question me.
-Then answer me!
-I said what I had to say!
-Say it while looking at me!!
-Alright, you know what? I don't wanna fight. You're just like him, you're just like Anton, you both won't stop asking until you hear what you want to hear!
-Dill...
-I don't want problems with you so, please, I'm kindly going to tell you to leave.
-What the hell?!

Then he walked to the door and opened it, making a sign for me to leave.
-Martijn, leave my house!
-Who are you to tell me to leave?
-Please go away! The door is open, what are you waiting for?
-I will leave as soon as you answer my question!!

-Fine, fine. You want an answer?

Out of his rage, he took my shirt...

He pulled me towards him violently...

He kissed me...

I couldn't believe it... I was speechless... This time I was frozen... I knew that... It was true...

I looked at him. All he could say in that moment was... "There! There is the answer!"... The answer that took the words out of my mouth... It was the answer...

-Dillon... -I almost whispered.
-Go away. Go away, what else do you need?

So I left... But as soon as I walked out the door...

Shit.