The Girl

The sun wasn't too high yet, but it was already very hot outside Nunew's father's ice cream shop.

Two people were looking at each other. A woman with a beautiful face flashed a bright smile as she extended her hand for a shake.

The other was a cute young man with a shocked look on his face whose heart was beating fast.

The young man did not return her handshake. Either he didn't want to, or he was too surprised by the arrival of the woman in front of him.

The tall woman withdrew her unreturned hand with a bit of grogginess.

"A..ah.. I'm sorry. I should 'wai' you instead."

She proceeded to 'wai' in greeting by cupping both hands in front of her chest, a little clumsily.

Why is she here?
What did she come to me for?
Does she want to confront me?

All sorts of questions filled Nunew's mind.

"Oh, we have a guest? Why don't you invite her in, Nhu?"

Nunew's father's voice broke the awkwardness between them.

"Hello miss, please come in. Speak inside so as not to disturb other pedestrians."

"Hello sir, thank you. And you are...?"

"Pa. Father. Nunew's father."

The father shook Bow's hand and pointed at himself.
He could understand Bow's speech but was not fluent in English.

Nunew grumbled that his father was hosting the person he least wanted to meet.

"Wow! Your ice cream shop is super cute, just like you."

That's what the woman named Bow said when she entered the ice cream shop. Her gaze wandered here and there, taking in the details of the shop.

Her face was really pretty.
No wonder Nunew felt familiar when he saw her earlier. She turned out to be the woman he had seen with his boyfriend in Milan.

"It's my father's."

Nunew corrected Bow's sentence.

To be honest, Nunew didn't want to invite her in. After all, the ice cream shop wouldn't open for another 30 minutes. However, his father asked Nunew to serve the guest who had come from across the ocean.

"Oh! Zee's here!"

Bow shouted a little excitedly.

Nunew's heart stopped for a moment when he heard Bow say that. His chest was pounding. He didn't see where Bow was pointing because Nunew was walking in front of him.

Hia?
Is Hia here?
He's back?

Why didn't he tell me he was back?
Isn't there still 2 days left before he comes back?

Nunew didn't know what to do with his lover when he met him. He hadn't replied to his messages in two days.

Nunew was upset about all the media reports about Zee and the woman named Bow who was now behind him.

The jealous young man took a deep breath to calm himself, and turned to face his lover.

.......

Empty.

There is no Zee.

There was only his father behind the counter and the other employees who were busy preparing the store.

Where is Hia?

"Ooh.. he looks handsome. He smiles freely. Mesmerizing."

Bow holds her chin as she comments on the large photo of Zee and Nunew's father on the wall near the entrance. She looks seriously at the photo in front of her, bringing her face close to it.