2. Clues // Lloyd

A private detective is looking at clues when someone voices their opinion

^^^^

•Detective AU

•Detective!Reader

•Vigilante!Lloyd

•Alexithymic Reader (doesn't understand emotions)

•Murder mystery

•Reveals

•Aged up (reader has stable job?!?!?)

•Spicy? (Towards the end)

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Shutting the door of the stairwell closed, you wandered over to the corkboard you'd put on the ground, some red and yellow strings tied between various thumbtacks.

You stared at the connections between yellow lines. Guesses, hints, rumors. They had no solid evidence except for maybe a shady witness, or break in a routine.

Red lines, or, the red line, was solid evidence you could prove. And so far the only evidence you could prove was the fact that it was done by someone on the roof of 192 West Ave, across from a parade where the crime happened.

This whole case was about Mayor Steven Georgeson, who had been assassinated last week. It was the annual parade to celebrate the victory of the Serpentine Wars, but someone had taken the opportunity to murder him.

But now you had more evidence. Crouching down, you spread out the newspaper clippings and various other pictures. Causes and possible motives at the bottom, upper right was witnesses, and upper left was suspects.

Suspects. Jake Lee, Griffin Turner, Cecil Putnam, Lar Laurence, Lloyd Garmadon, Kade Georgeson, and Darreth Hinito. All were on bad terms with the mayor, and were all reported to be missing during the parade.

Jake Lee, 19, the bastard son of the mayor, a college drop out. His step-mother reported that ever since he failed college, he slowly became more and more disturbed and distant. She had seen him the morning before the parade, but nobody has seen him since. Perhaps his father was to blame for his failings?

Griffin Turner, 32, an athlete from South Ninjago who was awarded a prize by the mayor, being named the fastest sprinter in the country. He had refused the award on live television, claiming that he didn't vote for him, and that he wasn't going to accept it from someone like him, and attacked the mayor. Because of his outburst, he had become a loner in the athletic world, those closest to him leaving him. His friends and temporary flatmates Neuro Hankali and Jacob Tunog both mentioned him going out for groceries, but returned empty handed, and didn't come back or respond after his second trip out to the market. Maybe his political opinions had become the worst, leading to a violent outburst the second time?

Cecil Putnam, 54, organizer and leader of the local men's club named 'Explorers Ago'. He also had a side hobby of collecting rare artifacts from tombs which had been auctioned off. Mayor Georgeson had previously been a part of Explorers Ago, and had sold Putnam a fake, claiming it to be well over a million. Putnam never exacted his revenge, but another member, Percy Shippelton, had said he always had a dark shadow around the mayor. Shippelton also mentioned that Putnam had gone to see the parade on West Ave, but later his son did confirm that he was at the parade with him the whole time. You still weren't going to mark him out. People weren't exactly going to just forgive one million dollars wasted. What if he had slipped away while watching, and then got the revenge he wanted?

Lar Laurence, 27, a monk and ambassador for a tribe on an island in the Endless Sea. He had come to make, and update a treaty with the mayor, but did not have the outcome he had wanted. ʻOhana O Ke Kai Pau ʻOle has since been on negative terms with Ninjago, never attacked though. A ship carrying Laurence arrived to the mainland days before the parade, with rumors of wanting a new peace treaty. No news on if the conference had been made or not. Though he was on neutral terms, what if Laurence had a plan of attack he carried out?