𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐘

·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

The Capitol was a chessboard and she its favourite player.

𝐕𝐈𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐆𝐀𝐔𝐋 was kind. That was the picture she sold to the world, the kind, beautiful, orphaned niece of the illustrious head game maker of the capitol. She had learned quickly that the Capitol would chew up and swallow any such lies.

She never truly let herself be kind, not to herself. Not so much that she would allow herself to be naive or hopeful. That was not what her family was made of. The poison had dripped through, ever since her father had killed her mother and in turn her aunt killed her father.

What she wouldn't have given to be soft. Even for just a moment.

And she was, soft I mean. For just a moment.

A man let her believe, a man let her be naive and weak and kind.

𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖 loved her, it's true. But not all love is as pure as the driven snow that way we wish it could be. But perhaps for them, people who were most definitely not pure, that was enough.

𝐕𝐈𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀 and 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐒 needed to learn that you do not always play the game of chess.

Sometimes you are the pawn.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·

𝐢. this is a fast paced story.

𝐢𝐢. none of them are good people, but some are more complicated than others.

𝐢𝐢𝐢. virgilia is named after coriolanus' wife in the original shakespearean story.