𝐢𝐢. my love is mine all mine

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"Virgilia? What are you doing here?" Coriolanus stated, steeling himself from the inevitable barrage of insults that would come from his current rival. But that never came.

"I've come to offer you a deal, Coryo." Virgilia said with a small, viper like smile. As though she was about to pounce. But that is not what Coriolanus zeroed in on. No one had called him Coryo since before those fateful games. It stirred something within him. "May I come in?"

"Of course." Coriolanus said, a tight smile on his own face as he gestured for her to enter. 

She was dressed impeccably in a skirt of navy plaid and satiny white shirt, covered with a long jacket in a similar shade of blue as her skirt. She had a ribbon in her hair, keeping half of her hair up and the rest cascading down her shoulder. To Coriolanus, this beauty was merely another nail in the coffin.

At least I will be defeated by something beautiful if I must be, he thought to himself as he took her coat and caught a glimpse of the silky, dark skin of her neck. I could kill her now and no one would know but...

The only issue was he didn't want to. Not truly.

She fascinated him, intrigued him to the point where in the past year he had found he could not take his mind off of her. Had she seen the games? Did she know of his success? Of Lucy Gray? He hoped she didn't. He hoped no one knew of her.

"Coriolanus? Who is at the door?" Grandma'am asked, appearing in the doorway to the dining room as Coriolanus hung up Virgilia's jacket. Her face lit up at the sight of Coriolanus' childhood friend. "Virgilia! We were just talking about you!"

Virgilia laughed as she embraced Coriolanus' grandmother, a sound which wormed it's way through his head and into his chest as something warm surrounded his heart. Was he bleeding out? What was happening?

"Were you?" She asked, a small smile still present on her face. That smile. Her eyes flicked up to Coriolanus with her next words. "All good things I hope."

"Oh of course." Grandma'am exclaimed, clapping her hands together. "Coriolanus has barely stopped talking about you he returned to-"

"Alright that is enough thank you, Grandmother." Coriolanus interrupted the brief conversation, beginning to guide Virgilia away to the left of the dining hall. "We will be in my office if you need me."

Without another word, he closed the door to his office behind him, only turning when he heard Virgilia's soft giggling from behind him. She was dragging her finger across a particularly impressive oak desk, stopping at the window and staring out at the view of the large statue in the middle of the courtyard of the apartment building. Coriolanus watched her the whole time.

"Your grandmother seems just as wonderful as ever." She said, her back still turned to him as she watched cars drive by below them. "I missed your family."

"They missed you as well."

"You did not?"

Coriolanus was silent at that, a kind of realisation flowing through him at her words. Perhaps that was why he was so angry with her in the past year. This had been the first time they had properly spoken since they were young. Did he feel abandoned?

"I did, to be frank." Virgilia said, still not turning around. "Missed you I mean."

"You did?"

"Cat got your tongue, Coryo?" That name again. Virgilia finally turned to face him properly, a small smile on her face. "I remember being you far more... vocal back in the day."