Pov: Max

i wake up to a knock on my door. xander doesnt wait for my answer, he just walks right in. "i couldve been naked, you know." i groan, sitting up. sometime during the night i had kicked off the duvet covers. it had been way too hot then, its way too cold now. i shiver and wrap myself up into the blankets. xan smiles then says slyly "i wouldnt mind the sight," i grab a pillow from the mountain that have fallen from my absolutely, completely faxing ridiculously sized bed and throw it in his adorable little baby face. it hits him, smack, right in the face and he throws it right back. i catch it in my hand "take that loser!" i laugh but he grabs as many pillows as his long arms will allow and dumps them all on top of my head. before i can see again, he jumps onto my bed, scattering the pillows everywhere, he is almost fully on top of me. we both burst into laughter. he settles his head into my belly. i softly play with the curls on his head as our chests rise and fall in unison. i smile to myself, knowing that ave is gonna interrogate me about this later.

we both sit up after a while and zander is about to say something before his phone erupts into horse sounds. i frown at him, silently asking what the elf is going on. he chuckles and answers "nash is calling." as if that solves everything. i roll my eyes and ask "so your ring tone is a horse neighing? really?" he shrugs me off and just says all nonchalantly "for nash, yeah." okay. now im more. confused. "you have different ringtones for everyone?" its apparently his turn to roll his eyes. "took ya long enough dummy." i laugh, coming to a conclusion of what to ask him next. "whats aves ringtone then?" he waggles his eyebrows in his adorable little xander  hawthorne way before bellowing the lyrics to the song. "ITS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY MONEY MONEY. JUST WANNA MAKE THE WORRLLLDDD DANCE. ITS NOT ABOUT THE, PRIIICE TAG!!" we laugh then bellow together
"ITS NOT ABOUT THE, CHA CHING CHA CHING. ITS NOT ABOUT THE, BA BLING BA BLING. JUST WANNA MAKE THE WORRLLLDDD DANCE. ITS NOT ABOUT THE PRIIICE TAG!!" we collapse into laughter on my bed before Xander realises his phone us still ringing. he picks up and mumbles a few things, says seven then hangs up. "dont worry, i wont ask. dont wanna know anyways," i shrug. he shrugs right back and replies " you probably woukdnt get it anyways. its a hawthorne thing." i roll my eyes. everything in this house is a hawthorne thing.