authors note.

hi. if youre reading this i probably killed myself. sorry if you wanted the story to end or wtv, ill tell you how i planned it.
everyone was going to end up broken in one way, i was going to ruin each character one by one. grayson would have come between jameson and averys relationship and he would have ended up dating avery, only for jameson to do some ridiculous stunt which resulted in avery breaking up with him and running away to some hotel or something because she couldnt handle the hawthornes anymore. rebecca gets extremely ill and shes bed-bound and at some point her heart stopped. when she gets better enough to get out of bed she realises that thea still hasnt come to see her so she calls and when it goes to voicemail she tells her everything and she ends up breaking up with her only for thea to end up in an accident on the plane back to bex. nash and libby get torn apart when libby sees nash redeveloping his feelings for alissa and xander and max drift apart and maxs ex comes back and makes her life a living hell. xander is left alone to put the pieces back together and that breaks him down too. oren quits his job when he found out that the old man lied to him about so many things he did and he was tue real reason he ended up in that bad place that made him get employed by tobias in the first place. toby died, which left avery much worse for wear and everything ended in ruins.

i dont have anyone left in my life to apologise to for doing this. my mother is dead, my father is abusive, my siblings hate me, my uncle who was the only one who cared doesnt anymore. i have no one left. i never even had any friends anyway. so i guess im sorry to you all who were reading this. i just cant take it anymore...

not that anyone cares, but i wrote this. not to anyone in particular- i have no one to send it to- but ill put it here anyway.

"i have searched for the cracks in me that could be mended, the parts that might still glow with life, but all i found were shards- too jagged to fit together, too far gone to ever become whole again. i tried to find reasons, even the smallest ones, to stay, but my spirit is exhausted, worn thin by every failed attempt. there is no light left here, only the quiet void that i must finally embrace.

im sorry i wasnt stronger, or better at pretending i was okay. but know this: i wanted to be. more than anything. i wanted to be fixed. but sometimes... some things are broken beyond repair.

dont blame yourself for not saving me. i was already gone long before I could put it into words.

remember me not as someone who gave up, but as someone who couldnt keep holding on. if you remember me at all.

please forgive me for slipping away. i hope one day youll understand, even if i never could."