Arc 2/Epilogue: Honor Thy Father

Star City buzzed with the spreading news of the new hero in town that had been dubbed The Green Arrow.

As Cody had predicted, the Police Commissioner held a press conference the very next morning issuing a warrant for the arrest of Green Arrow. Many citizens have questioned this decision, particularly the motive behind it, with many showing their immediate support while others agreed with the decision, seeing him as an outlaw.

Whatever the case, it was exactly what Benjamin had expected once the news broke out about him.

That same morning, both he and his sister were released from the hospital. Plus, of course, their mom had gotten them lunch from their favorite fast food joints, McDonald's for Benjamin and Arby's for Racheal. They also bought a meal and a six-pack for Blake. He tried to decline, telling them that it was unnecessary, but both Julie and her kids insisted, especially since he had already hired some people to repair the damages to their mansion. Julie also made sure to compensate for his fellow guards who were attacked by Drakon.

Now, everyone is back at the house enjoying their meal. They all sat around in the living room while Julie continued to feel concerned for her children.

"Are you sure you two are feeling alright after everything last night?"

"Yes, Mom, I'm fine," Racheal promised.

"And I went through much worse on the island," Benjamin added, then Tommy smirked.

"It must've been, having to survive three whole years without any McDonald's? It's honestly amazing to us you managed to make it."

Everyone started laughing while Benjamin flipped Tommy the bird, although he couldn't deny how clever of a joke that was.

"Anyway, I'm sorry if I'm bothering you two," Julie added as she seemed to start growing emotional all of a sudden. "It's just... I don't know what I would do if I had lost you again, along with your sister..."

The mood in the room quickly changed, like stormy clouds invading a sunny day. All eyes were on their mother as her eyes became slightly watery. She sighs as she starts feeling stupid.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... um, I'm gonna go check on Blake and the repairmen." She quickly makes her exit before the tension worsens.

"I'll go check on her. You two stay here and eat," Tommy assured before following his mother's path, his siblings watching on with concern.

Neither Benjamin nor Racheal knew what to say about that, but both felt bad for their mother. This did make Ben want to check on his sister as well, though.

"You sure you're alright?"

Racheal almost laughed.

"Yes, Bubba. I'm a big girl now, and I'm a lot tougher than I look, too."

"That you are," he nodded in agreement.

They continue eating for a moment before Benjamin decides to bring up something that had been on his mind since the hospital last night.

"So, when were you gonna tell me?"

Racheal looks at him in confusion.

"Tell you what?"

Benjamin almost smirks.

"About you and the police sergeant."

Racheal grows shocked with a questioning, worried look.

"Three years of survival teaches you to look out for certain things."

Racheal takes in a deep breath, attempting to relax as much as possible before setting her food down, taking a large sip of her drink, and giving her response.