Chapter 3 - The Hangover

It's been a full week since Carmela and Jamee got back from Baguio and school is about to start in 2 days. It was supposedly a lazy Saturday for the two girls when Yoongi and Seokjin came bursting through the door. "OKAY LET'S FILM A MUKBANG!" Seokjin announces to the group, showing off all the breakfast food he bought.

"Now!? ALL OF A SUDDEN?!?" Carmela always hated Seokjin's random ideas.

"Ngayon lang ako nagka-oras eh." says Seokjin, being all cute and pouty.

"Alam mo namang enrollment takes three days in UP, bat mo inubos oras mo sa laro?!" Yoongi calling him out.

"OO NA MALI KO NA YUN PERO APAT NA BESES NAMAN TAYO KUMAKAIN SA ISANG ARAW SO APAT NA VIDEOS DIN YUN." Seokjin rants faster than the MRT.

"I'm not eating in front of the camera though." Carmela clarifies as she grabs her camera from her desk.

"Ang KJ talaga neto, ikaw Jamee?"

"Okay lang naman but I don't know what to do or say..." explains Jamee.

"Just follow my lead. If all else fails, we can just talk about Carmela's childhood." Seokjin suggests, grinning at Carmela.

"Ay... parang nawawala ata yung memory cards ko... all three of them." Carmela says as stares down at her camera bag.

"OKAY ASMR MUKBANG TAYO TODAY! Let's go!"

The four set-up the food, the cameras and microphones and the three sit in front of the table filled to the brim with a variety of breakfast food. Carmela goes behind the camera and puts the headphones over hear ears and starts cueing them to begin.

Seokjin begins with his signature introduction, "Magandang buhay mga panget!" Jamee is shocked by his opening line. "Yes po, ang pinaka gwapong mukbanger ay nagbabalik para sa isang nanamang uumatikabong mukbang sa Eat Jin! As usual kasama po nating ang poging pogi na si Min Yoongi," Yoongi didn't like Jin calling him that but after a year of filming mukbangs with him, he eventually got used to it "at aming bagong tropa na si Jamee, ang childhood best friend ni lods Carms." Carmela only did one video with them and it became one of Seokjin's most viral mukbangs only because Yoongi and Carmela picked on Seokjin non-stop in that video. "Baka naman may mga embarrassing stories ka dyan about Carms?" Seokjin asks Jamee but immediately takes it back, "Pero dahil baka masakal ako ni madam Carms mamaya, today's video is gonna be a NO TALKING ASMR MUKBANG! Soooooo! Let's eat!"

They start with the mukbang while Carmela monitors the audio from her laptop and checks the camera if it's in focus. Luckily, three years of film school made this an easy task for her, almost a mundane one. She felt the most comfortable behind the camera, making sure everything is in focus and recording. Seokjin shines when he's in front of the camera. He could make a joke about anything without being crass. He could also pull off dramatic scenes like a pro. And it also doesn't hurt that he is very good looking. Carmela checks the DSLR monitor one more time and notices how good Jamee looked beside Seokjin. The two giggle every now and then as Yoongi quietly eats on his side of the table. Yoongi is Jin's complete, polar opposite. Much like Carmela and Jamee's dynamic, Yoongi likes to be secluded. He can go for an entire day without seeing the sun, writing a new track. Yoongi doesn't say much but his music does. Carmela and Jin were always impressed how expressive his songs are. How he's able to talk about things young people were too afraid to even mention.

"It's really a bitch to not have something you want to do
I know that it seems pathetic
To not have a dream like everyone
"Everything's going to be alright if you go to university
And do as we tell you"
I'm the asshole for believing those words
I'm living because I can't die"