Chapter 9

DURING THEIR CONVERSATION

Astra and Obi-Wan walk onto the plane, Astra the first to speak up, "so you think my brother is dangerous?"

"No, I don't mean," Obi-Wan begins saying, but Astra stops him.

"Stop, I heard what you said to Qui-Gon," Astra says, "I heard Master Yoda. And so did you, Anakin has a clouded future. We can guide him down the right path, keep him from the dark side."

"Yes and what of the other unknowns out there that wish to turn him?" Obi-Wan asks. "What about them? What would you do against them?"

"Whatever is needed," Astra responds strongly.

"But that's going down the same path you don't want Anakin going down," Obi-Wan argues back.

"And that's part of my future. A path of light and dark," Astra says, "Master Yoda said so himself. I'm willing to protect him for as long as possible." Tears brim her eyes, as she stares at the man in front of her.

Just then Qui-Gon, Anakin and R2 walk into the plane. The queen, her handmaidens, and Panaka follow behind as JarJar stands outside the ship, "wesa goin' ho-o-o-me!"

Astra steps back and walks away from Obi-Wan, making her way to one of the rooms. Qui-Gon jerks his head to the girl, silently telling Anakin to go follow her. Walking over to Obi-Wan, the others spread out as the ship takes off. "What happened?" Qui-Gon asks his Padawan.

"We had an argument," Obi-Wan informs Qui-Gon, "she heard my words about her brother. She is protective."

"Tell me have you realized your mistake, my young Padawan?"

"I have master, yes."

"Good." Is all Qui-Gon says as he walks away.

"You don't have any advice for me Master?" Obi-Wan calls out to the man.

"Not for this, my Padawan. You will have to figure your way out of this yourself."

Obi-Wan rolls his eyes, walking in the opposite direction and towards the Skywalkers. "Astra? Anakin?"

The door opens, Anakin peeking his head out, "what do you want?"

"May I speak with with Astra?" Obi-Wan asks.

"I heard what you said," Anakin says angrily, "and she told me what you said to her."

"Anakin, I am sorry for what I said," Obi-Wan says, kneeling down to meet his eyes. "Your sister helped me see that you aren't dangerous. I am truly sorry for misjudging you."

Astra stands behind the door, silently listening. Tapping his shoulder, Astra jerks her head to the side, stepping into the doorway. "I heard you want to talk?" Obi-Wan stands, nodding to her. "I'm sorry for the argument earlier. I'm sorry for insinuating Anakin. For insinuating that you would become purely dark."

Anakin walks out of the room as Astra leans against the wall, "oh yeah?" Obi-Wan nods, "look, I'm sorry for the argument as well. For snapping at you during the argument."

"You were protecting your brother," Obi-Wan tells her, "your reaction was to be expected. Well then, I'll let get you get some sleep." Obi-Wan walks away, bowing his head to her.

"Obi-Wan," Astra calls out to him, the man stopping and turning back to her, "when you find Anakin send him back to me please." Obi-Wan nods to her, giving her a faint smile. Astra turns away and returns the room as Obi-Wan resumes walking away.

"Those are the forward stabilizers," the pilot tells Anakin.

"And those two control the pitch?" Anakin asks, pointing to a switch.