Chapter 13

Dulce entered his humble home and haphazardly placed the baskets onto his couch, making a mental note to clean them the next morning. His heavy steps dragged him to the bathroom where he quickly washed his face in the unleveled sink, turning the water off before it could spill out  onto the recently patched up floor. He always made sure most of his money went to the shop, so when it came to fixing his home, progress was slow.

Sammy took a deep breath before fully stepping into her bedroom, making a mental note to get a new hidden lock on her door, as her old one seems to no longer work. She took off her shoes and placed them into the key lime green Loki™ Decontamination Shoebox she had in her entryway. She first placed her coat on the rack, then opted to remove it and throw in on the floor, between the marks of where her bed once was, before speeding to her personal bathroom and running a bath.

Dulce removed his shirt and pants, folding them up and leaving them on his end table. He carved it himself out of some old tigerwood he found a year back, out on the edge of the forest when looking for seasonal fruits to candy. He realized he was a bit thinner then, more lean and cut. He wasn't sure if it was because most people were still struggling to get back on their feet after the war ended, or if perhaps his body was aging early like his father warned. He stared deeply into his own reflection. The evenly placed scars around his chest, some sewn and some healed. The near ebony black of the permanent burns on his arms. The dried tangles of his old locs and what used to be his good eye now seems duller, more unfocused before he winces and covers it back up. In his mind he curses himself for nearly giving himself a migraine.  Ignoring the the aching of nearly all of his muscles, he turns around and grabs the archway of his door, lifting himself up and down. Pull ups would surely sooth his mind.

Sammy undressed herself, leaving her clothes wherever they may lie. The maids where scheduled to clean tomorrow morning so she didn't care. Her bath was huge, nearly as large as the bed if not for a few inches. It was carved from the very same marble stone that made up the flooring, and luckily for her it was too heavy for her mother to remove. As a child she invited her freinds over, and all 7 of them were able to fit themselves and their siblings inside with room to spare. If she wanted, she could easily drown in it. She dumped more than enough body wash, shampoo, bubble solution and preservative moisturizer into the water to mummify herself into a bar of soap. She also decided to dump her skin routine and revitalizing oils into it as well. Soon the automatic sensors clicked on, stopping the flow of water, lowering the lights to just how she liked them, heating everything in the room to a cozy temperature before she stepped in and submerged herself into the swirling pink and green void.