{Chapter Four} Motel

The only way to describe how the motel looked was that is had been through a nuclear war. Its' appearance was already pretty bad prior to the hurricane but Agatha had tipped the scary scale way past one hundred. 

The five friends stood at the end of the boat, staring out at the motel from hell, in awe. Nobody wanted to go near it, but the only way to find out who the boat belonged to was to suck it up and enter the room. 

"I thought the Chateau looked bad," JJ commented as he tied the boat off. 

"This place is a shit show," John B added. 

"Motel or meth lab?" Kiara questioned with her nose turned up at the place. 

"This doesn't look like the type of place a person with a Grady-White would stay," JJ said. 

"This looks like the type of place a person with a Grady-White gets killed," Pope and Indi responded at the same time. 

John B, JJ and Indi hopped off the boat because they had been voted, by Pope, to be the ones to break into the room. Although it wasn't technically breaking in when they had the key. 

"Wish us luck," Indi told Kie and Pope before trailing after the boys. 

"Don't let JJ do anything stupid!" Pope yelled at her. 

"I can't make any promises!"

JJ jumped on John B's shoulders, massaging them and mocking Kiara's 'be careful'. Indi rolled her eyes at the immature boy and walked ahead of them so that she was out of earshot of whatever he was going to say. 

Indi knew Kiara didn't like her brother but the same couldn't be said about him. She also knew that Kiara would shut him down immediately because she was the number one advocate for no pogue on pogue macking. 

"Since she heard you're being threatened with exile, she's just been like, 'be so careful John B. When are you gonna give me that John D already'. Like when are you gonna swoop on that."

Indi turned her head around, giving JJ a 'what the fuck' look. JJ pushed his lips into a thin line and an apologetic expression appeared on his face. 

Sometimes Indi and Kiara heard the most wildest shit come out of the boys' mouths but then they had to remind themselves to get used to it because they hung out with teenage boys all day everyday. 

"What about you," John B initiated. "I see the way you look at my sister."

"I don't know what you're talking about," JJ quickly answered. 

In reality, he knew exactly what John B was talking about. 

JJ had a crush on Indi since they were seven-years-old and she punched Topper Thornton after he'd pushed JJ off his bike. 

Indigo Routledge was hands down the most beautiful girl he had ever laid eyes on. With her blue eyes that shone in the sun and her smile that could make anyone within a two hundred mile radius smile. Not to mention she was so funny and smart and had the biggest heart out of anyone. 

"Whatever, dude. Just don't do anything stupid or I will kill you," John B told him with a stern tone of voice. 

"Finally," Indi said with a huff when the boys finally reached her. "Mrs Hale can walk fast than you two and she only has one working leg!"

JJ knocked on the door in a weird rhythm before calling out, "housekeeping!" in a high-pitched, woman-like voice. 

When nobody had answered the door after thirty seconds, and after looking in the window to find no sign of anyone in the room, they decided to unlock the door and have a look around.