{Chapter Thirteen} Coordinates

The Twinkie pulled up outside of the Island Club, looking very out of place among the Ferraris and Porches. The country club was the only public place on the island with access to the internet which was what the Pogues needed to find out where the coordinates on the map led to.

Employes were dashing around outside, carrying crates and boxes, in preparation for midsummers. Indi let out a long sigh knowing in just a couple of days she'd be dressed up in some ridiculous outfit that her grandparents made her wear.

The reason she was made to go to Midsummers was because her grandparents owned the Island Club. They used to live on Figure Eight but moved away sometime after Indi was born and when their daughter Charlotte, Indi's mom, disappeared because her grandmother couldn't handle the shame of her daughter having a child out of wedlock, not to mention the shame that came with the child's father being a Pogue.

"All right, I'll keep look out. We're behind enemy lines," JJ said once the Twinkie came to a stop. He reached into the glove compartment and pulled out the gun.

"Come on, man. Put it back," John B insisted as he pulled the keys out of the ignition.

He turned to his best friend with an unimpressed expression on his face, to which JJ only ignored.

"What? You can never be too careful," he shot back in defense.

Pope leaned against the passenger side window, glaring at the lethal weapon in JJ's hand. "I predict that bringing a weapon to a four-star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve."

"Thank you, Pope." John B agreed.

Indi leaned forward between the two front seats, glaring at JJ and his new favourite object. "I swear to God, I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean, JJ. Put it back."

"Get told," John B remarked before snatching the gun from JJ and hiding it back in the glove compartment where it should have remained the entire time.

"You can't grab a gun like that," JJ huffed whilst opening the door to climb out of the van. He took an ID card out of his pocket and swung it around his finger. "Can't forget my badge. Professional busboy."

"So, where are we going now?" Pope reluctantly asked. He knew any time the Pogues and Kooks mixed it never ended well, and here they were walking into Kook central.

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now," JJ responded as he guided the rest of his friends into the back entrance of the Island Club, also known as the only entrance that would allow five Pogues in without causing too much suspicion.

They entered the steaming kitchen and hunger rumbled in all of their stomachs. There were steaks and fish fillets. Bowls of fruit salad and cupcakes. Pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris.

An average meal for a Kook and a feast for a Pogue.

"Andrew!" JJ greeted as he, not so subtly, led his friends further into the kitchen. "How are you, bro?"

They rounded the corner to find a huge bowl of cocktail shrimp calling their names. The five teenagers ogled at the platter of heaven, craving the salty taste of the seafood.

"Mama L. Good to see you," JJ said as a distraction whilst his hand reached to take a couple of shrimps.

The older chef grabbed her wooden spoon from the surface beside her and hit the blonde on the hand. "Hey, no. JJ."

Once they'd escaped the kitchen, the Pogues came out into the main entrance of the Island Club. The whole place just smelled wealthy- like old leather and whiskey.