The forest

As you wake up as you feel the wet grass on your back, the wet humid air,and chirping of the birds. Suddenly you hear "oh no no no no no no this isn't good" it sounded like a high pitched male voice.Panicked. He sounded panicked something must be happening and it isnt good.

You shoot up, your head snaping back and forth. You pause- where are you, you were just in bed how did you get in a forest and why is there a very short old guy staring up at you.
"Who ar-" you start befire he cuts you off.
"How did you get here you humans are allowed in this part of the forest" His voice was shakey and his eyes wide.
"I kind of just woke up here?"
"WOKE UP HERE" he shouted just about the exact opposite of what he was a second ago."Just be quiet and follow me we dont have much time I'll explain everything on the way"
"How about you tell me now then i'll decide if i wanna follow you or not"
"Come with me now no time to explain"
"You know what fine but if you try anything im like twice your size so I will win a fight with you"
"Okay tough guy just follow me" he said in an irritated tone before quickly walking away.

You follow him for a while before deciding to speak up.
"So when are you going to tell me what we are doing exactly?"
He sighed before speaking in an irritated tone "because your so impatient ill just give you a small breif. I imagine you were taken here after reading or listening to some story. For all I know you are stuck here forever but you cannot be out in the open what-so-ever got it?"
"That made zero sense but okay"

You both reach a dirt road and you can see a large looking town in the distance. "Now I don't know much about this but theres a mage I know that does. His name is Atheme here's a map to his house." The gnome passes a small map to you and begins to walk off.
"Wait your not coming with me?"
"Of course not I have a wife and kids to take care of your on your own good luck sport"
"Did you just call me sport?" He disappears into the forest again.

All you can think is "good talk". I mean he gave you a map atleast thats something. The town can't possibly be that far from here.

Right?