The Unicorn farm - one

A human..?

That was the first thing Florence said when he saw you two. He was a fairy or at least looked like one. He was kinda tiny, maybe like 4 foot and had wings.

You could tell he loved humans by how much he was touching you. He kept grabbing your face and moving it around while squishing your cheeks to death. He only stopped when Claude cleared his throat. The caused Florence to promptly let go of your face and stutter.
"Uh- right sorry... what are you here for again..?"
"We need Unicorn fur and a boat."
"Well what do you have to trade for it?"
"Trade..? Come on Flore do me a favor won't you?" Flore...? There's no way they know each other- or are friends.

"I'll trade you for him." For you? Why the hell would he want you of all people? He can't be that crazy to the Claude would just give you up for a boat and unicorn fur...right?
"Deal."

You stared as they shook hands at the orc agreement. You quickly push their hands away from each other.
"Woah woah woah. I did not agree to get traded for some stupid ass boat and unicorn fur for my quest."
Claude just shrugged while Florence wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you against his chest.

You realize that no one's listening to you and just groan and go limp in Florence's arms. What a great partner he was.

You knew the two were speaking presumably about the boat and fur but you blocked it out. You were plotting one, how to get away from Florence, two, how to get back at Claude, and three, how you were gonna find the rest of the stuff you needed to get home. Which was a lot to think about honestly.

You're brought back when you feel a tug on your hand and Florence speak.
"Come on cupcake, you can watch." You try your best not to make a face and let him tug you along. You don't even know why you agreed to let that stupid Orc come with you anyway. He lied about the needing two people for the dragon so this shouldn't have been a surprise. But you still felt a little betrayed. I mean you two did almost just die together. You don't need him anyway.

You glance back at Claude and his eyes are fixated on yours and Florence's hands. Maybe he's regretting his decision?

Thankfully when you were thinking earlier you came up with an idea to get Claude back; act like you like Florence. Of course this could only go extremely right or extremely wrong.

You shift your gaze to Florence and take his hand in both of yours then press into him.
"Where are we going..?"
"To the unicorns, cupcake." He brought your hands to his lips and kissed your knuckles. You heard a slight scoff come from Claude at this action. Mission accomplished.

—————————————————————————-

It took you 30 minutes to reach where he kept the unicorns. The empty conversations making it feel more like 30 hours. At least you're finally there.

You stand infront of the pen before Florence drops your hand.
"I'll go get the shears and princess for you alright?" With a hum from Claude he walks away.

As soon as he's out of sight Claude grabs you by the arm and yanks you towards him.
"You like him huh?"
"Uh- I- what..?"
"I saw you lean on him you like him." You try to sputter out a response but he cuts you off.
"I still need you for this. I have a plan to get us both out and get another thing on our list so cooperate." You immediately know what he's talking about.

Fairy tears