Chapter 4: Gray & White

-Present day-

Blake was in the Forever Fall Forest, sitting on a rock whilst reading and reflecting on the last two years of her life.

Blake got used to being around Izuku, his family and his little group. And while not being too open about it, Blake was definitely grateful for all of them.

A few days after first meeting Izuku, she met the rest of Izuku's friends, Jaune Arc, Ejiro Kirishima, Denki Kaminari and Shoto Todoroki, which Blake took notice of their different personalities.

Blake saw that Shoto had a habit of being silent most of the time, but his kindness was definitely noticeable and was a bit of a wisecracker. Though Blake also noted that Shoto wasn't fully aware of most social ques.

Jaune and Denki were definitely the goofballs, though Blake saw that Jaune was a bit more serious and knowledgeable while Denki was a bit more, dim witted for lack of a better word but his heart is definitely in the right place.

As for Kirishima, Blake got a pretty good grasp of his personality within the first few minutes she spent talking to him, he's pretty boisterous and has a tend for manliness.

And to her surprise, Snake ending up becoming her new mentor, and to say he was an improvement over Adam would be an understatement.

Snake passed on his skills alongside his training onto the young faunus girl, which she felt honored by due to Snake's reputation as a warrior and hero.

Though Blake was surprised to hear that Snake doesn't see himself as a hero. In his words, Snake sees himself as just a man who's good at what he does, killing and destroying Metal Gears.

However, it broke her heart when she found out she was branded as a traitor to the White Fang, knowing it had to be Adam's doing as she fell to her knees while a wave of emotions hit her all at once.

The group she was a apart of all of her life at that point just turned on her in an instant and treated like a villain, when Adam is the real villain as Blake felt rage flowing through her before she was hugged by Izuku.

The feeling calmed Blake down as Izuku told her they'd take down the White Fang and Adam the proper way.

Blake was thinking about Izuku in her mind when she saw Snake walking over to where she was sitting.

"Blake, showtime." Snake said, prompting Blake to put her book away before they approached a nearby cliffside, as Snake pulled out his binoculars.

"You're sure the train will show up?" Blake asked, getting a chuckle from Snake.

"Blake, by now you should know that Otacon's intel is always on point." Snake said, as he playfully hit her shoulder.

"I'm not doubting his intel, I mean what if Adam already destroyed the cargo train?" Blake asked with a concerned look on her face.

"And risk destroying everything on board? There's no way he'd be able to get everything he's looking for off the train that fast." Snake said as they saw the train coming towards them, making Blake relieved as the two slide down the cliff before jumping onto the train.

Snake noticed a makeshift hatch in the roof of the train car they were on as he opened it, letting him and Blake drop inside, and immediately took notice of all the destroyed Atlesian Knights.

"Seems like he's making this easier for us." Snake quipped as he pulled out his gun while Blake drawed Gambol Shroud in its gun state.

"Don't get too cocky." Blake said as the two started making their way through the train, seeing more destroyed Atlesian Knights littering the floor as they kept on moving.