Chapter 14

Nathan

It has been three days since I last saw Zola.

Nothing has been the same. The week where she didn't speak to me was torture. I felt so miserable.

I barely slept. I kept thinking back to the night of the party, wishing I could go back and undo what I said.

But I said it and now I have to live with it.

I threw myself into work to distract myself. I got more packing done around the house. Anytime I entered the basement, I kept thinking about Zola.

I heard a knock on my door and I turned in my chair to see it was my mother.

"Hi, mom".

"Hi darling. If you're not busy, can you help me clear the basement".

I didn't want to but I have to get it done at some point.

"Yeah," I said.

"I'm going out with the Bello's for a fun day. Have fun".

"Bye," I said and I heard the front door close.

I got up and went down to the basement and heard some shuffling. I got my baseball bat that was nearby and went closer to the noise.

I then saw someone and almost hit them with my bat.

"NATHAN! What the hell?" Zola said yelling.

"Sorry. I heard some noises," I said and I placed my bat back on the floor.

"Why didn't you go with your mom? She said you weren't home".

"I could ask you the same thing. Why didn't you go? My mom said she went out with your family".

I then realized.

"You told your mom about our fight".

"No. But she knows somehow if she set us up like this".

"Well, I said I would be cordial with you so whatever".

"Zo-

She cut me off and said," Can we not talk about it. Let's agree to disagree".

I decided to let it go for now and started to sort through the boxes.

It was nighttime when we finished sorting through the boxes in the basement.

We went upstairs and I said, "Do you want something to eat? I'll make it for you".

"No. I'm good. I'm gonna go home".

Zola reached for the door handle and it was not opening.

"Please do not tell me that there is snow blocking this door again".

I came and helped her but it still won't open.

I checked the camera that was outside and saw my mom tied something to the door.

"My mother is a criminal mastermind," I said showing Zola what she did.

"Great. Now I'm stuck here with you again".

"You can-

"I am not jumping from your window".

I chuckled a bit and said, "I'll go make something for us to eat before we head to bed".

I decided to make one of Zo's favorite foods. The food was almost ready when she said," I know what you're doing".

"What?".

"Making my favorite food is not going to help you".

I chuckled a bit and said to myself, "She always knows my game plans".

When we finished eating, I washed the dishes and said, "I can stay in my parent's room and you can stay in mine. And I'll give you some clothes to wear because I know you wouldn't have asked".

"Thanks".

We both went upstairs and into my room.

Zola stood by the door while I was in my closet.

I knew this was my chance so I said," Zola. The week and 3 days where we're not speaking have been absolute torture for me".

I came out of my closet with the clothes in my hand and Zola said," Can we not do this".

"I have been regretting what I said to you and I wish I could go back and undo what I said but I can't. I didn't mean to make you lose confidence in yourself or to make you cry".

"Nate".

"You looked gorgeous that night. Every adjective that is used to describe beauty, that is you all the time. Even at the dinner, you looked beautiful. Even after the horrible things I said to you, you still shone like a bright star".

"My radiant star. I can't bear the thought of you hating me for what I said. I will do anything, Zola Bello".

I got on my knees and said," If that means getting on my knees and begging for your forgiveness I will. I just can't lose you like this"

She is the only girl who can make me get on my knees without even having to ask.

"Get up," Zola said with her hand outstretched.

I got up and she said," You will do anything?".

"Anything. Just name it. If that means you doing pranks on me and me not doing anything back, then I'll do it. Anything just to hear your voice and see you smile".

"Why did you say it?".

"Zola I didn't mean it".

"Then why did you? I could understand if it was for the prank wars and the joke fell flat and we would have talked about it and agreed not to go that low".

"I didn't say it because of the prank wars".

"Then why did you, Nathan. Your apology means nothing to me if there was no reason behind it".

I just looked at Zola and then I dropped the clothes on the bed.

Am I going to do this?

This could make or break everything.

I grabbed the two sides of Zola's neck pulled her closer to me and kissed her.

It was the most electrifying kiss I have ever had. I've been waiting for this moment since I first laid eyes on her in high school and it was all worth it.

I can not believe that my lips kissing are Zola.

I honestly thought that Zola was going to push me away but she didn't. She kissed me back.

She wrapped her hands behind my hand and they ventured into my hair.

I've been in my head about this and I never thought that Zola could like me back.

I parted from her lips and said," It was worth the wait my radiant star. I am so sorry that I said those things to you".

She didn't say anything.

She pulled me back in and kissed me. I used my right hand and grabbed her behind her neck more aggressively and I slipped my tongue into her mouth.

I knew I wanted to feel her plump lips on mine for years but I didn't know where this feeling of hunger came from. It felt like I was deprived of something my whole life and now that I have a taste of it, I'm addicted.

_________________________________________

What would you make Nathan do if he was begging for your forgiveness?

Comment and Vote.

-starngcgirl