Chapter 1 - The drive

"Why did we have to come here again?" I asked my mom.

"Well, it's because it's tradition that we visit our lovely beach house." she said with her feet on the dashboard.

"That's right honey. You used to love coming here when you were younger." My dad said. "There's so many fond memories here and plenty that you will still make."

I rolled my eyes. I can't believe this is happening. We always go here. This place is basically deserted! I want to be where there's more things to do. When I can finally feel alive. When I can finally feel- ewW! What was that?!

I feel something wet and slimy enter my ear. I look to my right and I see a wet finger in the air with a wide smile grinning ear to ear.

"HA!! I got Jemma!!!" My younger brother said laughing so hard he was holding his hand over rhis stomach.

"I LITERALLY WILL KILL YOU!" I said. I feel so violated and grossed out. Eric has tears in his eyes now. He's having the time of his life.

"Yeah but we always go here every year. And I always end up stuck with this lunatic. " I eye my brother. "When will we do something different?" I said.

"Well honey you got your lunatic brother and Moe and us to keep you company," said my dad.

"No Jemma is the lunatic. Lunaticcccc Jemma!!!" My brother Eric is 10 years old and hasn't grown out of the silly age phase. He's laughing with his shiny brown hair bobbing up and down.

"This is so not fair" I said crossing my arms.

"She barely saw it coming!" another voice called out. Moe, my brother's childhood friend came along. Together they are a bunch of trouble. He's already hyping my brother up from the Wet Willy.

I guess I will have to endure this for another hour. We've been on the road for 3 hours now. The three of us sat on the backseat of the car together with my dad driving the car and my mom in the passenger seat listening to music on the radio.

This summer was going to be really hot apparently. Outside it was boiling hot. The only thing I'll be looking forward to is the beach where the waves move back and forth and crash into each other. It is the only place where I feel calm and refreshed. Who knows what else I will find there.