Chapter 9 - Getting Ready

'Alex!' I call , opening the bedroom door to find him.

'Mmhm?' I hear him from the bathroom. Walking over to him I see him brushing his teeth. He's leaning on the sink and looking in the mirror. His dark hair wet and curly. He looks like a God.

'I... My mom just called. She's going to drop my brother and my friend at the celebration. She thinks I'm still there.'

He spits out the toothpaste, rinses his mouth with water and wipes his mouth with a towel. Alex walks over to me and smiles. 'We better get going though shall we?'

If they see me with Alex I don't know how they will react. He better stay put. 'Alex I think you should stay right here. I need to go alone.'

Alex walks over to his room and puts a sweater on with palm trees all over. Definitely a sweater that screams SUMMER HOLIDAY! He finds a comb and starts raking it through his hair. He takes my hand and holds it. 'We're going together. I want to see what this celebration is all about too.'

If he comes along I don't know how I can explain why a tall handsome boy is accompanying me. 'My family has never seen me with a guy before, did you know?'

He laughs. 'You're kidding me right?'

I stare at him with a serious look.

'Jemma you're literally so beautiful, thousands of guys would want you.'

'Maybe. But do I want them?'

'I hope not.' He says softly.

'What?'

'Nothing!' He laughs again. 'Come now, let's not keep your family waiting! ' He starts walking to the front door but halts. 'Oh no I just realized something..'

I stare at him with huge eyes. What's he going to say now?

He whispers. 'They have to fetch the car and they're next door. We have to be quiet Jemma.'

'You're seriously whispering in your own house, Alex. You know they can't see us.'

'We don't know that.' He leans up eyeing the windows. He's a strange guy. I finding quite cute though. 'Come on!'

He looks at me and ducks walking to the kitchen to fetch his keys.

'Alex we're honestly fine.'

'You're right. We in the clear.' He gives the window one last inspection before opening the door leading to his car.

I duck a little as I walk to the passenger seat, careful not to let my parents see me if they are already next door. Alex unlocks the car doors and we get inside. I need to get there fast!

I look over to my house but notice there's no one there yet. However the car is missing.

'To the celebration here we go!'

Alex reverses and puts the car into gear as we drive down the road. We get to the celebration quite fast, it's not that far from where I stay. Alex finds a parking and I let out a sigh of relief.

'Whew that was close!'

'Definitely Jem.' He pauses and looks at me, leaning in closer. I gulp and my cheeks redden up. 'About earlier .. that was.. amazing.' His tongue moves in slow motion as he licks his lips.

My eyes focus on them and I'm left speechless. My heart is racing and my mind is fogging up. I can't play this fake game of dating some random guy I found on the beach! I'm going to be leaving son anyway.

'Alex. Let's forget that ever happened. I'll only be here for another 3 weeks. After that we'll go our separate ways and we probably won't see each other ever again.'

He sits upright and stares straight before him, tapping the steering wheel with his thumbs. He now looks down and laughs. 'You have no idea who you are Jemma, do you?'

'Yes I do. I'm an 18 year old aspiring journalist!'

'Oh a journalist? I'd never picture you as that. A lifesaver would suit you more. ' He winks at me. 'That's what you are Jemma. A lifesaver. We just met but there's so much beauty in you. You're every man's dream.'

He pauses and says nothing for what seems like an eternity and grips the steering wheel tight. I wonder what he's thinking of. There seems to be something within his calm and collected nature that seems a bit angry. I hope that I don't bring it out anymore.

His voice deepens and is more commanding now. 'You're right. We both will be leaving anyway. Let's forget about what happened earlier in my bed.'

I won't lie, I wish that could happen again. The thought of him touching me again with his warm hands. I just met him and he just met me. We'll just forget about each other in any case. He will move on and go to university or work and so will I. Plus what gorgeous man like him would ever want to be it someone average like me.

'Okay. Forgotten!' I say. 'Now let's go! It's already been over 10 minutes!'

'Crap! Your family!'

I open the car door and hop out. Outside the weather is slightly cloudy but with some warm sun rays. We head to the celebration and it's at the large open field with music and kids running around. Parents trying to hold their kids down and running after them.

Alex locks the doors and walks towards me and touches the small of my back. I get tingles throughout my body. I gaze up at him and he's so tall. He looks down and smiles at me. 'Let's go, shall we?'