Chapter 2 - The house

Our holiday house is very much a family beach house. It's painted turquoise with some paint peeling off of the sides from the age. My dad and I painted this house together a few years ago when he first bought it and never repainted it again. He was really proud to buy this beach house then. He said that every year we will visit this house together as a family for the holiday. According to him it would be a great way to spend time together.

I unload my bags and walk inside the house. My brother and Moe are already running inside trying to find their room.

"Moe you gotta check my room out !!" My brother said running down the hallway with Moe excitedly walking after him.

Once I take my things, I walk down to my room down the hallway and open up the door.

It's quite an ordinary room. It screams simplicity. Messy things are not my thing. So when my dad asked me what colour did I want my room to be, I said white. So there it was. White painted walls with a single bed in the right corner. With white covers and sheets and curtains. And cupboard. Only thing that was different was a photo frame of me and my family on my desk by the window. It was colorful.

I laid down on my bed, letting out a deep breath and closing my eyes. It was relieving to lay here after that long drive. This heat got me sweating so much I had droplets on my nose. I can't help but want to cool off.

Sighing, I get off my bed and walk towards my window. Outside one can see the blue ocean. It looks quite calm at this time of day and I definitely could use a swim. I look down at my current clothes: Shorts, a t-shirt and sandals. I'll have to change into my swimsuit.

I quickly change into my swimwear and pack some extra things in my bag. Sunscreen, a book, a waterbottle and of course a towel. I carry my bag with me and leave my room.

"Hey Jemma, you heading down to the beach? Why don't you take your brother and Moe too?" said my mom.

"It's cool mom. I'll just be out for half an hour. Maybe tomorrow we can go together."

"No problem, Jem. See you soon"

I left the house and walked down to the beach. It was warm but not as hot as it was earlier. It was perfect weather to lie in the sun in and to swim. I walked over the stone path leading down the ocean and took in the beach's beauty. There were gorgeous trees surrounding it with various kinds of flowers and plants. The ocean was shining like crystals underneath the sunlight. Nature can be really beautiful if taken in for a moment.

I notice something moving up and down in the water. It stands out amongst the clear blue ocean. Curious I walk across the sand closer to notice this odd occurrence.

Dark hair, caramel skin, muscular body....

It's a guy!