Chapter 7: Holding Hands

"Miraculous Ladybug!"

Ladybug fixed the damage that the akuma villain caused and she also unexpectedly fixed something else.

"We did it!" Ladybug said. She knew her partner hadn't spoken verbally in 6 months so she was used to it.

"Pound it?" Ladybug asked Cat Noir.

"I don't feel like it today." Cat mumbled, the words automatically came out and he didn't realize that he actually said that out loud.

"Cat?" Ladybug asked, she didn't know how that happened.

"What?" Cat Noir asked.

"You can talk!" Ladybug said excitedly.

"What? How? I thought-" Cat Noir said.

"I guess it took some time to come back. I'm so happy that we can finally have a regular conversation." Ladybug said to Cat Noir.

"Yeah..." He said, sadly.

"What's wrong?" Ladybug asked.

"I...I don't know. I just... don't feel okay." Cat Noir said.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Ladybug asked.

"I do but, I just don't know where it's coming from." Cat Noir said.

Something's wrong, this is... different. I'm not myself, this isn't how it's supposed to go.

"Cat? Wake up. It's me, Marinette, you're in my room. Please, Cat, wake up." A voice said, waking him up from the dream that he had.

Marinette's POV:

He's awake! He doesn't know, right?
His father knows his identity, I now know that his father is-

"Hawkmoth! He's here, in the streets of Paris!" The news reporter said from Marinette's computer.

Cat Noir sat up immediately after hearing that name, he felt weird. He tilted his head in confusion.

"You're father is Hawkmoth, and he knows you're Cat Noir." Marinette said.

Cat Noir hid behind Marinette, scared about everything. What did she say?!

"I'm sorry, Adrien. I didn't know how else to tell you." Marinette said.

"Tikki, Spots On!" Marinette says as she transforms into Ladybug.

"Kitty, are you going to be okay?" Ladybug asked.

He slowly came out from behind her and looked at her with a serious look in his eyes.

"It was a stupid question, I know. But, we're going to need to fight him. I know you don't want to but, at least you don't have to talk to him." Ladybug said, trying to motivate her partner.

"Let's go!" Ladybug said, holding Cat's hand while walking towards their #1 enemy.

"Ladybug, Cat Noir, how nice to see you. How is your day, son?" Hawkmoth asked Cat Noir bitterly.

"Shut the hell up, Gabriel. He won't be seeing you anymore, he's staying with me." Ladybug said.

"How do you know that?" Hawkmoth asked.

"Your assistant. She told me everything, she loves Adrien as much as I do. She and I will do anything to protect him, Miraculous or not." Ladybug said.

"He's still my son, you think you're better than me? The most famous fashion designer in Par-" Hawkmoth said, walking towards the two heroes.

*Hawkmoth's phone gets a text notification*

He takes it out of his pocket quickly, looking at the new message.

"What do you mean 'were'? I AM the most famous fashion designer in Paris. You've been the face of the Agreste brand for years!" Hawkmoth said, looking at his son, Cat Noir.

"Psst, show me Kitty." Ladybug whispered next to Cat Noir. He showed her his text:

1 Minute Ago- You were the most famous fashion designer in Paris.

"Hehehe AH! HA! HA! HAA! You lost Hawkmoth, I'm currently the best in Paris fashion." Ladybug said.

"I have 2 weeks full of interviews from all over the world. Then, the rest of the month will be a celebration for Me, Cat, Rena, and the other heroes." Ladybug said, making Hawkmoth jealous.

"I never had that much attention, your just a spoiled child with superpowers!" Hawkmoth said, angry and jealous. He left, going back home and thinking a lot about what she said.